Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Complete wipe and factory rom and root

Tip us?

completetech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Complete wipe and factory rom and root

I am having some serious issues with my phone and mysterious miscellaneous files that are taking up almost 7gb and yet can't seem to find them. So I want to completely wipe everything and start from a rooted factory rom.

I am open to either 4.3 or 4.4. I have already tried this using Oden and then the auto root file and yet I still am having the same issue of the miscellaneous files.

Can someone advise me as to what I would need to do to completely wipe this spring sprit note 2 and get a fresh factory rom and root so I can wifi tether it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,986

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by completetech View Post
I am having some serious issues with my phone and mysterious miscellaneous files that are taking up almost 7gb and yet can't seem to find them. So I want to completely wipe everything and start from a rooted factory rom.

I am open to either 4.3 or 4.4. I have already tried this using Oden and then the auto root file and yet I still am having the same issue of the miscellaneous files.

Can someone advise me as to what I would need to do to completely wipe this spring sprit note 2 and get a fresh factory rom and root so I can wifi tether it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Flash a custom recovery and use it to wipe your internal sdcard. Suggest philz 6.07.9 found in the development section.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

losttaco
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mysterious 7gb is quite a bit. Do you do any type of backup maybe your just ever looking something?