Complete wipe and factory rom and root

18th August 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
I am having some serious issues with my phone and mysterious miscellaneous files that are taking up almost 7gb and yet can't seem to find them. So I want to completely wipe everything and start from a rooted factory rom.

I am open to either 4.3 or 4.4. I have already tried this using Oden and then the auto root file and yet I still am having the same issue of the miscellaneous files.

Can someone advise me as to what I would need to do to completely wipe this spring sprit note 2 and get a fresh factory rom and root so I can wifi tether it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
18th August 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,098

4,831 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by completetech

I am having some serious issues with my phone and mysterious miscellaneous files that are taking up almost 7gb and yet can't seem to find them. So I want to completely wipe everything and start from a rooted factory rom.

I am open to either 4.3 or 4.4. I have already tried this using Oden and then the auto root file and yet I still am having the same issue of the miscellaneous files.

Can someone advise me as to what I would need to do to completely wipe this spring sprit note 2 and get a fresh factory rom and root so I can wifi tether it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Flash a custom recovery and use it to wipe your internal sdcard. Suggest philz 6.07.9 found in the development section.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th August 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Mysterious 7gb is quite a bit. Do you do any type of backup maybe your just ever looking something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread