Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP Bricked phone

Tip us?

Kidmet
Old
(Last edited by Kidmet; 14th August 2014 at 07:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Default HELP Bricked phone

So I accidentally deleted my system in TWRP recovery. Was having trouble rooting before that. So I need a 4.4.2 STOCK UNROOTED ROM. Anyone know where to get that?

update:
I used dillard412's ROM and I have my phone but it's 4.1.2 and it doesn't want to update (no biggie). I'd like to root it and install a 4.4.2 stock rooted ROM. Best way?

lovekeiiy
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Chainfire's Toolkit or CF Autoroot. Just do a search to find the threads. I use the toolkit, but I don't think either is really anymore difficult than the other.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,202

DONATE TO ME
You mean soft-bricked or sponged. A bricked phone is dead, a paperweight.

Questions and Help issues belong in Q&A, Help and Troubleshooting section
Thread moved
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

colorsharpkid
Old
(Last edited by colorsharpkid; 16th August 2014 at 12:19 AM.) Reason: lol forgot to add link
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidmet View Post
So I accidentally deleted my system in TWRP recovery. Was having trouble rooting before that. So I need a 4.4.2 STOCK UNROOTED ROM. Anyone know where to get that?

update:
I used dillard412's ROM and I have my phone but it's 4.1.2 and it doesn't want to update (no biggie). I'd like to root it and install a 4.4.2 stock rooted ROM. Best way?

take a look here and yes it takes foreverrrr to download this file from the link posted but just set it and forget come back later it took me little over 3 hours to grab the file

this will update your everything so make sure your ok with that first

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsharpkid View Post
take a look here and yes it takes foreverrrr to download this file from the link posted but just set it and forget come back later it took me little over 3 hours to grab the file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780984

this will update your everything so make sure your ok with that first

once your on the rom you can flash philz recovery and upon exit it will ask u if you want to root or you can simply use towel root make by geohot google for it its a simple apk just need to be on wifi to apply and does not trip knox !

here the tarball for ne2 4.4.2 for sph-l900 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780984