Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help Softbricked my phone.

OP ace362

8th July 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I got my Note 2 about 6 days ago and was on firmware 4.3 I noticed that the battery was draining very fast so I looked around online and found

4.3 had this problem so I updated the firmware to 4.2.2.After a day or so I got fed up with touchwiz and said screw it im going to root my

phone.so I started getting the note 2 ready to root this went fine I was able to boot up my phone with twrp. So then I made a backup through twrp

just in case I screwed up my phone. I then Flashed CM11 to the phone but it failed so I tried wiping the caches and it failed again. I then try

Booting it up but it is stuck on the Samsung logo. So I turn it off and said no big deal I got the backup I can flash so I try to flash that but it fails to

but after this I notice my Knox security is void.so im wondering is the Knox security causing the problem. Because after I did this I did some

Research and It said that It would void my warranty and it had an efuse? What exactly does this Knox voided warranty mean does it mean my

Is useless can or can I still flash roms to it ? And If so how would I go about doing this because im all out off ideas.
8th July 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 115

382 posts
More
Flash this using Odin to get the phone back. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53353625

Then use philz 6.07.09 and not twrp. That's where the problem started.
9th July 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Talking Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebo

Flash this using Odin to get the phone back. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53353625

Then use philz 6.07.09 and not twrp. That's where the problem started.

Thanks so much my phone is now running stock touchwiz 4.4.2 but I would like to know if you have any suggestions for roms?
9th July 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 115

382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace362

Thanks so much my phone is now running stock touchwiz 4.4.2 but I would like to know if you have any suggestions for roms?

It's really personal preference so you have to flash everything that's out there to see which one you like. I'm a flash a holic so I tend to flash anything new and will change between touchwiz and non-tw ROMs based on my mood that day. Enjoy!
10th July 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
bootloader?
Just one more thing I read somewhere that the Verizon note 2 was the only note 2 with a locked boot loader .If this is not true could you tell me how to unlocked it because I feel like I looked everywhere.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread