Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help!!!!!

Tip us?

D3ath2Me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] Help!!!!!

i am kind of new with this whole thing but I am trying as hard as I can to understand... I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am using odin to try to get the twrp recovery on the phone as well as rooting the phone so that I can use custom mods anytime I feel.... can some one take some time and help?

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ath2Me View Post
i am kind of new with this whole thing but I am trying as hard as I can to understand... I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am using odin to try to get the twrp recovery on the phone as well as rooting the phone so that I can use custom mods anytime I feel.... can some one take some time and help?
Well first off forget twrp (for now anyways) and use philz 6.07.9. First off a few questions for you.

1. What current stock rom are you on? 4.1.2, 4.3, or 4.4.2.
2. Is your phone working properly at this moment? You said you have tried a few things and I need to know if you have messed up anything yet.
3. What os is on your pc (windows xp, 7, 8, etc)?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

D3ath2Me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Well first off forget twrp (for now anyways) and use philz 6.07.9. First off a few questions for you.

1. What current stock rom are you on? 4.1.2, 4.3, or 4.4.2.
2. Is your phone working properly at this moment? You said you have tried a few things and I need to know if you have messed up anything yet.
3. What os is on your pc (windows xp, 7, 8, etc)?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have 4.4.2 KitKat
my phone is disconnected, I do not want to use the phone for sprint any more, they have just screwed me over and I am tired of it
pc is windows 8

have been using odin and when I upload the root, it will rebot but it will not install any of the root that I have flashed to it... that is why I am thinking that I have messed something up, but since the phone is not working on the sprint network, it is hard for me to tell what I have done, I want to move it to either boost or straight talk.