[Q] Can anyone help me?

Search This thread

etoran

Aug 30, 2014
My Sprint Galaxy Note 2 crashed, doesn't go through the setup process when it is hard reset, can't even find the factory reset, download speeds are slow, and this (see thumb) pops up when I am not in an app... My phone was rooted but was having issues for a little while but then it shut off without the logo, just to black. Please direct me in how to fix this!! I want my phone back :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-30-11-34-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-30-11-34-01.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 48

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
My Sprint Galaxy Note 2 crashed, doesn't go through the setup process when it is hard reset, can't even find the factory reset, download speeds are slow, and this (see thumb) pops up when I am not in an app... My phone was rooted but was having issues for a little while but then it shut off without the logo, just to black. Please direct me in how to fix this!! I want my phone back :(

i remember seeing a thread about this problem..ill see if I can find it and link it for you

EDIT: I found the thread where someone asked about this problem but he didn't get a reply :(. are you able to get into recovery?

Last edited:
Reactions: etoran

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
Last edited:

etoran

Aug 30, 2014
How to turn off factory mode!

So that's what it ended up being, factory mode. I'm surprised there isn't a specific thread about it on xda but with a Google search I was able to find the solution. Vrojas had the right idea but the action was unclear. The way I fixed my problem was to root my phone. Then download ES File Explorer from Google play. Open “ES File Explorer” and press on the very top left icon which will open a side menu. Go down to Tools and turn on “Root Explorer”. Go to Local > / Device > efs > FactoryApp and open*factorymode*as text in “ES Note Editor”. Change it from*OFF*to*ON*and save it. Open*keystr*as text in “ES Note Editor”, change it from*OFF*to*ON*and save it. Reboot your phone and voila :)

Reactions: jocarog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i remember seeing a thread about this problem..ill see if I can find it and link it for you

EDIT: I found the thread where someone asked about this problem but he didn't get a reply :(. are you able to get into recovery?
    How to turn off factory mode!

So that's what it ended up being, factory mode. I'm surprised there isn't a specific thread about it on xda but with a Google search I was able to find the solution. Vrojas had the right idea but the action was unclear. The way I fixed my problem was to root my phone. Then download ES File Explorer from Google play. Open “ES File Explorer” and press on the very top left icon which will open a side menu. Go down to Tools and turn on “Root Explorer”. Go to Local > / Device > efs > FactoryApp and open*factorymode*as text in “ES Note Editor”. Change it from*OFF*to*ON*and save it. Open*keystr*as text in “ES Note Editor”, change it from*OFF*to*ON*and save it. Reboot your phone and voila :)