FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Odd semi brick

14th April 2015, 01:42 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
So I left my phone on the charger in the car because it was dying, came outside and it was stuck on the Galaxy Note II screen with the green light on. I unplugged the cord, the phone refused to come on so I did a battery pull. Upon powering it back on, I get this screen that looks like Poltergeist and phone does nothing. When in Poltergeist, I can't get the computer to see my phone, so that I can back it up before formatting. Volume up, menu, power doesn't get me into recovery mode. I can't get into safe mode either. ican however boot volume down, menu, power it into the mode where I can flash it, Odin will see it, but going straight to flashing means I lose everything.

Does anyone have an idea beforehand? I know I'm asking a lot, but these forums have gotten way over my head over the years. This is an isolated incident, so if you could even attach the file directly that I can attempt to flash vids Odin to fix my booting issue vs saying goto X thread because every thread seems to have it's own multiple files. I just wanna recover it so it'll come on, back up it and then I'll research on my own how to flash it completely. It's 6am my time and I've gotta be up by 1130am for work, so please reply for dummies as much as possible

Thank you ahead of time.

PS - phone is stock on 4.1.2 rooted using CF Auto Root and that's it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150414_043716.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	3261793  
Last edited by m5james; 14th April 2015 at 07:51 PM.

14th April 2015, 07:52 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Morning bump...no quick advice?
15th April 2015, 07:09 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
60 readings, no one comment? "Hey, flash XXXXX and see if the display drivers come back", etc? It'll boot into flash mode, looks normal and the compputer sees it. Safe mode or normal boot give me Poltergeist and the computer wont see it so that I can try to backup everything before flashing....that's a lot of boobies pics (just trying to get some sympathy here) to have deleted
16th April 2015, 11:53 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
79 views...for the love of god, someone throw me a bone here. I get it, these are old phones now, these forums are full of know-it-alls who can't be bothered (devs) and "search" nazis (me being one of them) as I should just figure it out on my own...but I'm not. I've got versions of ODIN, I've got CWM Recovery files, stock MC2 and NE2 ROM's, I even found myself a PIT file. NONE OF THEM ARE WORKING. No matter which ODIN I use, they all stick at PIT regardless of whether I have re-partition checked or not. I've tried flashing PIT, CWM recovery, stock recovery, CF Auto Root and/or stock 4.1.2 - 4.4 ROM's in just about any combination of one or two together using each version of ODIN. No bueno.

I've got a very nice and thick 24/28awg cord I'm using, I can boot into dowloader mode but can not go into safe, recovery or boot normally. I've watched brick recovery videos on YouTube, I've downloaded files from here on the forums and www.galaxynote2root.com using various downloading I have included a picture of.

Someone, somethg...
16th April 2015, 12:34 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
10 attempts later...
Holy crap you forget how nice the Note is when you're back on a Epic for two days while working 12hr days and going through 6 batteries each day...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-04-16 04.17.09.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (114.2 KB, 72 views)
22nd April 2015, 01:38 PM |#6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james

Holy crap you forget how nice the Note is when you're back on a Epic for two days while working 12hr days and going through 6 batteries each day...

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm in the same boat with the L900 Sprint Note 2...
30th April 2015, 08:42 AM |#7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Solved it by getting a working logic board from eBay
1st May 2015, 08:05 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
I broke down and bought a Note 3 off Craigslist for $300 but I'd still like to fix the Note 2 to make it into my backup instead of pulling the Epic outta the box again.
The Following User Says Thank You to m5james For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread