No registration required

[Q] Phone Bricked

OP mdshin2001

18th July 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
So my problem is this...

I went into TRWP and idiotically wiped System, Internal Storage, and External Storage from my device, then rebooted. Now my computer is stuck in bootloop. I can access Download mode (Volume Down, Home, and Power button). The problem I am running into while troubleshooting is that when I plug the phone into the computer via USB I am getting a driver installation failure with error messages "SM Bus Controller: No driver found" and "MTP USB Device: Failed." Obviously the first step to fixing the issue is to get a USB connection in order to transfer the necessary files onto the device, but I cannot even get this first step to work.

I want to remind everyone that my phone is essentially ROM-less and has been reduced to a shiny piece of plastic, thus I cannot enable USB debugging (which I presume to be the source of the USB driver issues).

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
18th July 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,219

4,955 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try this
1. Remove battery
2. Press and hold vol+, home key, and power
3. Insert battery (still holding keys)

This will take you into recovery. You said you were using twrp correct if so you need to remove your external card and copy your files via pc since twrp does not support mtp.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th July 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

Try this
1. Remove battery
2. Press and hold vol+, home key, and power
3. Insert battery (still holding keys)

This will take you into recovery. You said you were using twrp correct if so you need to remove your external card and copy your files via pc since twrp does not support mtp.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for the response! Is it possible that I wiped TWRP when I wiped the system, internal memory, and external storage? I ask this because I cannot get to the TWRP menu no matter what I try...
18th July 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,219

4,955 posts
Donate to Me
More
Doubt you did wipe recovery. Try the steps again only do vol- instead and odin a different recovery (philz 6.07.9 recommended)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread