Phone is rebooting and deleting apps

6th July 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

226 posts
hi im on 4.42 and I was having problems with various errors so I did a hard reset. I am not rooted. I have since reformatted once again but I am still having problems with the phone rebooting a few times a day for no reason. also the phone is deleting settings and themes in things like beautiful widgets or it will error out an app all together like whatsapp and I can not install it again. is any of this common? could it be something inside the phone that a million hard resets will not fix? I don't have insurance so replacing it is not an option. could rooting help these problems?
thanks so much
6th July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,076

4,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow

hi im on 4.42 and I was having problems with various errors so I did a hard reset. I am not rooted. I have since reformatted once again but I am still having problems with the phone rebooting a few times a day for no reason. also the phone is deleting settings and themes in things like beautiful widgets or it will error out an app all together like whatsapp and I can not install it again. is any of this common? could it be something inside the phone that a million hard resets will not fix? I don't have insurance so replacing it is not an option. could rooting help these problems?
thanks so much

I suggest rooting and installing a custom 4.4.2 rom. Since you dont have insurance it wont hurt to try a custom rom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th July 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

I suggest rooting and installing a custom 4.4.2 rom. Since you dont have insurance it wont hurt to try a custom rom.

im actually trying to avoid rooting. its never been an easy process for me like it was for the touch pro phones. and it doesn't seem that any of the one touch apps work for this phone. are there? and if you reformat a phone and you have the same problems doesn't that mean its probably some problem on the hard drive of the phone? just asking. thanks
7th July 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,076

4,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow

im actually trying to avoid rooting. its never been an easy process for me like it was for the touch pro phones. and it doesn't seem that any of the one touch apps work for this phone. are there? and if you reformat a phone and you have the same problems doesn't that mean its probably some problem on the hard drive of the phone? just asking. thanks

Well I shall start at the end and work towards the beginning. If you wipe and flash something new and still have same issues then it would most likely a hardware issue. I think you probably have some thing on your internal sdcard causing the problem though. To properly wipe the internal you need to at least install a custom recovery. Now there is no simple app that will root your phone but chainfires auto root is painless and simple. You need a windows pc with the samsung drivers installed. Then you open Odin (which comes with cf auto root and select the file and flash it through odin. Although that is not step by step directions it is pretty close. Now you dont even have to root your stock rom if you dont want to and if your going to try a custom rom I suggest not to even worry about rooting.

For a custom rom you would boot phone into download mode (simple key press sequence) connect to pc and flash recovery via odin. Once in your recovery you will wipe everything reboot recovery then flash the rom (which will be pre rooted) and see if the problem comes back?

If you want to try I or many others here would help you. I promise it is really no harder than what I described above and actually might be simpler to you once you have the step by step instructions.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

Well I shall start at the end and work towards the beginning. If you wipe and flash something new and still have same issues then it would most likely a hardware issue. I think you probably have some thing on your internal sdcard causing the problem though. To properly wipe the internal you need to at least install a custom recovery. Now there is no simple app that will root your phone but chainfires auto root is painless and simple. You need a windows pc with the samsung drivers installed. Then you open Odin (which comes with cf auto root and select the file and flash it through odin. Although that is not step by step directions it is pretty close. Now you dont even have to root your stock rom if you dont want to and if your going to try a custom rom I suggest not to even worry about rooting.

For a custom rom you would boot phone into download mode (simple key press sequence) connect to pc and flash recovery via odin. Once in your recovery you will wipe everything reboot recovery then flash the rom (which will be pre rooted) and see if the problem comes back?

If you want to try I or many others here would help you. I promise it is really no harder than what I described above and actually might be simpler to you once you have the step by step instructions.

is this a good way to root? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2143479
my phone is stuck on the splash screen now so i dont know ow to know which model number i have this is what i saw for chainfire. is this th wrong area? http://www.xda-developers.com/tag/chainfire/
so confused. thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread