[Q&A] [ROM][4.4.4 TouchWiz][Note 4 Features] RainBow OS V6

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][4.4.4 TouchWiz][Note 4 Features] RainBow OS V6

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][4.4.4 TouchWiz][Note 4 Features] RainBow OS V6. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

ArieleGiron

Mar 29, 2014
Houston
No Data!

This ROM is really good but data is not working! I try to update my prl and nothing happens, I try to dial ##72786# and doesnt work! But this ROM looks really amazing!

ArieleGiron

Mar 29, 2014
Houston
Not working!

I install the apk but doesn't work, do you have another option?
Sorry for my english!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-06-15-06-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-06-15-06-18.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 195

sumeetpingale

Jun 18, 2012
Yea, the attached apk not working for me too. So, i tried downloading the Phone Infor apk for Samsung from Google Play store. But, i don't know what parameters to be changed. @952599993 could you please let me know.

Reactions: ArieleGiron

sumeetpingale

Jun 18, 2012
But what parameters needs to change so that data will work.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

sumeetpingale

Jun 18, 2012
Anyone have solution to start data working on this ROM??
I would love to make this as my DD, just waiting for the data thing:(

Reactions: ArieleGiron

mizterman

Apr 12, 2015
Same i had same issue

I'm running it on my galaxy note 2 l900 and all working great thanks to this team ....but all u do is install and just make Shur u jest download all USA confirm. And don't the Chinese key board. ..when it asks for adding the extra apps ...it will say on one Chinese ui and keyboard just don't that one and all works great and then of course select your language when all starts up ...have fun ... this rom is awesome

MizterMan. ....

sumeetpingale

Jun 18, 2012
Data works for you??
I dont think only with that, data will start working.

Last edited:

chris48603

Dec 5, 2014
Detroit Mi
Guys I found the two files the Dev was referring too to try to fix the data portion of this rom! I'm using sprint note 2 flashed to straight talk, and have tinkered for several hours on getting my data to connect via the rom.... It don't have nothing to do with the kernel or other files referring to getting data to work. I DON'T know how to upload the files the dev said to use to get your data working. All I can tell you is I now have my data up and running, on this rom! The issue lies within the settings via APN'S and the configuration within the hidden menus on our Note 2's. The problem is when you try to use the ##data# menu it won't allow you to do it. So via one of the files the dev mentioned allowed me to check current settings on 4.4.4 rom I was using with working data,and the rom I was using was Alliance Rom. So when I finally figured out that when you install this Rainbow OS the settings are preconfigured to be used with a foreign configuration. Yes the APN will also need to be changed via APN & Backup apk. But the main thing is several settings via the hidden menu are changed when this rom is installed. You really need to know what your doing when your messing with the strings, because you can lose data, and voice and a simple reset or flashing another rom and or Installing a backup via Twerp will not bring back the original configuration. The files the dev mentioned are also paid APK files I don't know if I can upload or link because of the rules on XDA. After getting data working this rom is truly one of the best roms I've ever used on my note 2. I've had no errors or even fc. The strange thing was my mms works via the stock messenger, sending and receiving.

Remember Messing with the network strings can cause your phone too become useless if you don't know how to put your proper settings back. Even flashing the phone using Odin back to factory won't fix the problem. Trust me I know I did it 3 times and it still gave me no data or talk. So always backup your orginal settings using APN backup.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Guys I found the two files the Dev was referring too to try to fix the data portion of this rom! I'm using sprint note 2 flashed to straight talk, and have tinkered for several hours on getting my data to connect via the rom.... It don't have nothing to do with the kernel or other files referring to getting data to work. I DON'T know how to upload the files the dev said to use to get your data working. All I can tell you is I now have my data up and running, on this rom! The issue lies within the settings via APN'S and the configuration within the hidden menus on our Note 2's. The problem is when you try to use the ##data# menu it won't allow you to do it. So via one of the files the dev mentioned allowed me to check current settings on 4.4.4 rom I was using with working data,and the rom I was using was Alliance Rom. So when I finally figured out that when you install this Rainbow OS the settings are preconfigured to be used with a foreign configuration. Yes the APN will also need to be changed via APN & Backup apk. But the main thing is several settings via the hidden menu are changed when this rom is installed. You really need to know what your doing when your messing with the strings, because you can lose data, and voice and a simple reset or flashing another rom and or Installing a backup via Twerp will not bring back the original configuration. The files the dev mentioned are also paid APK files I don't know if I can upload or link because of the rules on XDA. After getting data working this rom is truly one of the best roms I've ever used on my note 2. I've had no errors or even fc. The strange thing was my mms works via the stock messenger, sending and receiving.

Remember Messing with the network strings can cause your phone too become useless if you don't know how to put your proper settings back. Even flashing the phone using Odin back to factory won't fix the problem. Trust me I know I did it 3 times and it still gave me no data or talk. So always backup your orginal settings using APN backup.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

migjr415

May 20, 2011
Beautiful San Francisco
Can you give us the names of the apps you used to get data working, maybe take a screen shot of the settings that were changed? Would really appreciate it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

Mar 30, 2015
Shanghai

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Great!
can you make a update zip for the Rainbow OS? thank you very much!:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea, the attached apk not working for me too. So, i tried downloading the Phone Infor apk for Samsung from Google Play store. But, i don't know what parameters to be changed. @952599993 could you please let me know.
    Just wanted to say I like the rom. I hope the small things here and there get fixed.

Data
    Chinese to English
    Anyone have solution to start data working on this ROM??
    I would love to make this as my DD, just waiting for the data thing:(