Screen issue

Search This thread

dirtyalphaman

Mar 24, 2009
I'm helping a friend out with her Sprint Note 2. She left it in her car during a hot day and said afterwords the screen was black. She said she could still see the screen, but then dropped the phone. She said it wasn't a high fall/drop and it didn't see hard, but there is one hairline crack in the screen. But now the screen doesn't come on at all. She still gets calls and notifications, but can't see anything. She can even answer a call by swiping her screen when it rings. My question: Does she need a new screen? I was thinking about opening it up to see if anything is loose. Would that be possible? I had a similar issue with my old At&t note, but I know that I dropped it hard and it had a few major cracks. I also know this probably sounds like a noob question too, but I'm hoping I can help her out with it.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated!

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Well I am pretty sure you need to replace the lcd. Hot is very bad when it coms to lcd displays. I would suggest getting the full replacement with lcd and digitizer unless you have done this a few times. It is very easy to break the digitizer while separating the two. Check ebay and you should be able to find what you need. If you are unsure that the item is what you need post a link to it and i will check it for you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dirtyalphaman

dirtyalphaman

Mar 24, 2009
Thanks. That's what I thought. I'm familiar with the piece because I was looking for a screen assembly for my At&t Note 2 last year. You've confirmed my thoughts. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I am pretty sure you need to replace the lcd. Hot is very bad when it coms to lcd displays. I would suggest getting the full replacement with lcd and digitizer unless you have done this a few times. It is very easy to break the digitizer while separating the two. Check ebay and you should be able to find what you need. If you are unsure that the item is what you need post a link to it and i will check it for you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app