FORUMS

No text messages

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 136

By Drayspencer, Senior Member on 5th January 2015, 04:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I searched for my topic and see other text messaging threads but the latest being 2008 and not for the Note 2...

I have the l900 Sprint Galaxy Note 2 and my problem is that I don't receive any text messages from anyone for the last 2 weeks. It seems to have started after a weekend of trying s few different LP ROM's, but this has never happened before in the last 4 years of flashing. I have factory reset the l900 3 times this weekend and took it back to unrooted stock with the same result. I odin'ed the NE2 Stock Restore tarball (NE2-Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) and set the l900 up several times without any change in the messaging status. I have tried to go in and create an APN based on the default Sprint-LTE settings in my Sprint Galaxy S5 APN's, which are the same as in the Note 2. I can send to the S5 but cannot receive from there or anyone else. Any help would be appreciated!

Solved: Thank you @The_mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_mamba

Dray,

I did eventually solve it, though the problem persisted even after RUU. It turns out that the issue was with Google Voice. I don't use Google Voice, but I flashed a ROM that had SMS turned on in Google Voice by default. When I flashed a new ROM, sms was still being handled by Google Voice despite neither Voice nor Hangouts being installed on my phone. You should go into settings in Google Voice and make sure sms is turned off. If the app is not installed on your phone, download it and make sure it is turned off anyway, because as aforementioned it was affecting my sms even though Google Voice wasn't even installed. This should solve it.

Last edited by Drayspencer; 15th January 2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Update

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
text messages hijack sms problem
Previous Thread Next Thread