Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TW] S5 Launcher for N2, Fixing/Adding Code + Mods and DPI w/ Auto Rotation

OP DarkAngel

4th October 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #1  
I have used several from which all have the same issue, the "Edit Page" in landscape mode is off as well the folder preview in Landscape mode in the App Drawer is off as well.

These may be easy fixes for some but for others it may not. I was offered help in fixing these issues and hopefully many, as I, will learn off of it. Hoping in providing the fixes and code modifications here as well as added mods done to the Stock Launcher.

I have looked and the closest I have seen to a S5 Launcher coming close with everything is the launcher posted by member xxxcachepxxx here which is at 240 DPI: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714071
If there is a complete launcher please let me know, I have not found one as of yet.

@tx_dbs_tx
4th October 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 355

632 posts
More
Thanks for the background info. Sounds like some xml edits are needed. So basically you are trying to achieve a fully functioning landscape enabled S5 Launcher? From my past experiences with landscape launchers, some apps and widgets also need to be modified. I remember doing this on HTC EVO with tommytomatoe a few years ago. Ofcourse HTC Sense is completely different but the fundamentals are the same. I have seen another landscape S5 launcher project somewhere here on XDA. I'll post link when I find it.

Here's the one I found that looks like a lot of work has been done thus far... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708234

Find me on Google Hangouts so we can compare notes and I can get caught up with your progress and current area your working on. txdbstx@gmail.com.
Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 4th October 2014 at 04:19 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread