Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 45,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO][ANY ROM WITH KERNEL F2FS SUPPORT][ANY FORMAT TO F2FS FORMAT] guide

Tip us?

Butla
Old
Thanks Meter 88
TWRP for N7105/N7105T t0tle good to go. Flashed new V2.8 zip just released with V2.7.2.1 recovery. All working perfectly. Thank bigbiff for his fine efforts.

Sent from one of my Notes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psycho4us4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butla View Post
TWRP for N7105/N7105T t0tle good to go. Flashed new V2.8 zip just released with V2.7.2.1 recovery. All working perfectly. Thank bigbiff for his fine efforts.

I added the 2.8.0.0 N7105/N7105T recovery to the op. Thanks
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON WHEN SOMEONE HELPS YOU. THANKS IN ADVANCE

The Following User Says Thank You to psycho4us4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psycho4us4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,197

DONATE TO ME
I also added the link to the 2.8.0.0 twrp for att i317 for all you att users.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON WHEN SOMEONE HELPS YOU. THANKS IN ADVANCE

AE74
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default T889 restoring backup using TWRP 2.8

I restored the backup with t889 TWRP 2.8. This resulted in nightmare for me. Phone booted. During optimizing, I only saw 13 apps instead of 190+. Once booted, android.phone FC constantly. No signal. Tried restore with TWRP2.7.2.2. Same result. I am now trying to convert back to ext4 and clean flash the rom. Hopefully this will be successful.

This may be isolated case with me but I wanted to share my experience.

Of course if I don't brick my phone, I will convert to f2fs again.
The Following User Says Thank You to AE74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psycho4us4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE74 View Post
I restored the backup with t889 TWRP 2.8. This resulted in nightmare for me. Phone booted. During optimizing, I only saw 13 apps instead of 190+. Once booted, android.phone FC constantly. No signal. Tried restore with TWRP2.7.2.2. Same result. I am now trying to convert back to ext4 and clean flash the rom. Hopefully this will be successful.

This may be isolated case with me but I wanted to share my experience.

Of course if I don't brick my phone, I will convert to f2fs again.
You definitely won't brick your phone if you know how to use Odin lol. Sorry for the bad experience . I will play with it as soon as I get some extra time. Thanks for letting me know.

Ianchua
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Successful migration to f2fs using TWRP 2.8 For N7105. Greenlight to it.

Edit: By the way don't know whether this is new, I discovered that if you already have an existing f2fs converted back up, restoring it without clicking the rm-rf box does the same job. ROM booted.
Sent from a DN3 V5 powered Note2. Peace✌

KingP1n
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho4us4 View Post
Can you do me a solid and install agni 4.2.4, boot up all the way, then reboot to twrp and back up system only ( delete old backup so there's no confusion). Then f2fs system only, then double check that rm -rf is check marked in settings, then go back and restore system. If it takes this time then I'd say there's a compatibility issue with 4.2.5 agni. Let me know. Thanks in advance not just for me but also for others that may run into this same issue.
I think you're right my phone is the only phone that can't convert to f2fs. ..at least the system won't take....tried all steps with no luck. ...Krazy haha
Device:Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
Rom: DN3 3.2.1 Rom w/ T889UVBMD1 bootloader
Kernel:Latest Agni N7105
RECOVERY:Philz
Firmware: T889UVUCMK7

Ianchua
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP1n View Post
I think you're right my phone is the only phone that can't convert to f2fs. ..at least the system won't take....tried all steps with no luck. ...Krazy haha
Try updating to the new TWRP 2.8
Sent from a DN3 V5 powered Note2. Peace✌