OP Senior Member
Flag Yorba Linda, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,410

1,758 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZiEebOi

OK so tried that and still no luck .. it keeps saying failure on the system restore .. I've tried restoring each one then reboot recovery as well and no go 😕

Exactly as i thought system to big. Try minimize system before backup and restore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psycho4us4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 125

514 posts
Its me again and my only phone that can never convert the system to f2fs....i tried the new DN3 slim and it always fells to restore the system...I think i need to odin back to stock and retry, but does anyone have some steps to gng back stock? Its been a while since I used odin and wld prefer not 2 use a PC but im down for any info...

Update: Success.....I had to Odin back to stock using root66 4.3 stock rom...i didnt even have to use the slim version either...once that was done I followed your instructions since i already had a backup of my previous DN3 setup and now I'm finally using f2fs format....feels like a new phone if you ask me....thanks a million!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited by KingP1n; 25th November 2014 at 12:50 AM.
23rd November 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #313  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 366

968 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP1n

Its me again and my only phone that can never convert the system to f2fs....i tried the new DN3 slim and it always fells to restore the system...I think i need to odin back to stock and retry, but does anyone have some steps to gng back stock? Its been a while since I used odin and wld prefer not 2 use a PC but im down for any info...

Read post #307 the method there might help
Last edited by Ianchua; 23rd November 2014 at 03:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ianchua For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #314  
Flag Deerfield Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 484

779 posts
More
Thanks for the simple step by step instructions. So easy a caveman can do it! I verified with diskinfo that cache, system, and data were converted to F2FS, although I only have 13MB free for system and it still converted?! I thought for system we had to have a few hundred MB free? Oh well, not complaining.
3rd December 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #315  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 366

968 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBake88

Thanks for the simple step by step instructions. So easy a caveman can do it! I verified with diskinfo that cache, system, and data were converted to F2FS, although I only have 13MB free for system and it still converted?! I thought for system we had to have a few hundred MB free? Oh well, not complaining.

Woah!! Dude! You were lucky to have your TWRP squeezing the power yo restore the whole lot of data of your system! 👍👍

Sent from a Omega powered Note 3 rigged with f2fs awesomeness with Lean Kernel. Peace✌
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread