Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dn3 for T-mobile Note II Discussion

Tip us?

zyfloss
Old
(Last edited by zyfloss; 23rd July 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Angry Dn3 for T-mobile Note II Discussion

Ok, i checked out here and realized some people still dont know that Dn3 v5 or later kitkat rom runs quite smoothly on our device. Basically its an open discussion to people who might need some help with the rom or any other kitkat rom and also to share some lags and possible fixes...

This is the official thread to this amazing rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541860

In case u flash and u lose your baseband or its showing no network , u can flash the MK7 modem for tmobile ...this a 4shared link : https://www.google.com.gh/url?sa=t&r...71667212,d.bGE
The Following User Says Thank You to zyfloss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Poriotis
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Would be nice if you could post specific instructions for the T-Mobile devices.

hellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poriotis View Post
Would be nice if you could post specific instructions for the T-Mobile devices.
agreed, I've been wanting try this rom for a while but I have been getting mixed answers. I step by step instruction would be great.

HoustonsBirdman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Just go over to the AT&T forums. I went there a couple months ago and been running DN3 for quite a while. Its really not much different than flashing a Tmo rom. You can edit the build.prop afterwards so it shows the correct phone model as well as have the Tmo LTE icons etc.. Just read up. Its worth it, especially since TMo and Samsung been screwing us around on KitKat

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

hellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonsBirdman View Post
Just go over to the AT&T forums. I went there a couple months ago and been running DN3 for quite a while. Its really not much different than flashing a Tmo rom. You can edit the build.prop afterwards so it shows the correct phone model as well as have the Tmo LTE icons etc.. Just read up. Its worth it, especially since TMo and Samsung been screwing us around on KitKat

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app
I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Which build of dn3 are you using?
2.Did you lose any features flashing the rom?
3. How bad is the increase of ram usage?

Double0EK
Old
Thanks Meter 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfish View Post
I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Which build of dn3 are you using?
2.Did you lose any features flashing the rom?
3. How bad is the increase of ram usage?
I've been using this rom for a while too.
So to answer some questions...

1. Im using DN3 V5 with Update 3 (update 3 is just a few fixes on some things)
2. Depending on what features you want or need then id say Not at all. Only thing for us Tmo users is Wifi Calling.
3. Ram usage is pretty high. If youre going to use AGNi Kernel then set the max cpu to 1700 and min to 300 and the LMK to Medium. In my opinion my phone runs much smoother.

hellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK View Post
I've been using this rom for a while too.
So to answer some questions...

1. Im using DN3 V5 with Update 3 (update 3 is just a few fixes on some things)
2. Depending on what features you want or need then id say Not at all. Only thing for us Tmo users is Wifi Calling.
3. Ram usage is pretty high. If youre going to use AGNi Kernel then set the max cpu to 1700 and min to 300 and the LMK to Medium. In my opinion my phone runs much smoother.
Thank you for the info, I have a few more questions if you don't mind.
1. Did you have to fix any features? such as gps,wifi,network, camera, etc...? (My biggest concern is having to do a lot of trouble shooting)
2. Which recovery did you use to flash the rom?

Double0EK
Old
(Last edited by Double0EK; 23rd July 2014 at 07:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfish View Post
Thank you for the info, I have a few more questions if you don't mind.
1. Did you have to fix any features? such as gps,wifi,network, camera, etc...? (My biggest concern is having to do a lot of trouble shooting)
2. Which recovery did you use to flash the rom?
1. Coming from a clean install (wipe everything! System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache and Internal Sdcard) I ran into minimal issues.
Im also still on the 4.1.2 (MD1) bootloader so I needed to use AGNi Kernel to get Wifi to work. If you're on the MK7 bootloader then you might not need to use AGNi.
Another thing is, after flashing the rom, dont flash anything else until youre booted up and slightly set up and open the camera and be sure it works.
Then you an flash the add ons (kernel, update, super su (if needed) other things.)
I edited my build.prop to show the 4GLTE symbol on my Notification Bar.
2. Im using TWRP (I forgot which version) 2.7.0.1 ... you can flash the AT&T TWRP newest build and it will work.

What you might need to do to get the rom to flash after you wipe is to reboot back into recovery. My first attempt at flashing the rom failed but after I rebooted back into recovery it flashed fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Double0EK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK View Post
1. Coming from a clean install (wipe everything! System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache and Internal Sdcard) I ran into minimal issues.
Im also still on the 4.1.2 (MD1) bootloader so I needed to use AGNi Kernel to get Wifi to work. If you're on the MK7 bootloader then you might not need to use AGNi.
Another thing is, after flashing the rom, dont flash anything else until youre booted up and slightly set up and open the camera and be sure it works.
Then you an flash the add ons (kernel, update, super su (if needed) other things.)
I edited my build.prop to show the 4GLTE symbol on my Notification Bar.
2. Im using TWRP (I forgot which version) 2.7.0.1 ... you can flash the AT&T TWRP newest build and it will work.

What you might need to do to get the rom to flash after you wipe is to reboot back into recovery. My first attempt at flashing the rom failed but after I rebooted back into recovery it flashed fine.
Again I appreciate the info. I am currently running the jedi master 16 rom, 4.1.2 (MD1) . It is my understanding that I will have to flash the MD1 modem after installing dn3. Also which AGNi Kernel do I use. I found this link.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...2433#downloads

zyfloss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Talking t

My main issue is with the inability to charge offline....And then again we need a 4.4 bootloader to make it work....and that means we will have to wait till TMO releases an official update....Whats really happening at all?