Nervous about KNOX.™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HowDoIVoIP

Apr 29, 2013
www.youtube.com
Good evening.

I haven't flashed either of my Note IIs since Android 4.1.2. Build # is N7105XXDMG1 and I believe it was teshxx's last stock ROM. The baseband is still T889UVUCMK7.

I never upgraded because I got real nervous when I saw all the problems people were having with "KNOX." Considering where both my Note IIs are right now, would you recommend that I just copy "[ROM] [Resurrection Remix 5.6.5] [6.0.1 Marshmallow]" and Gapps and flash them both in CWM? I guess maybe I should get the latest modem which is "T889UVUCOH4" I believe.

I'm still a little apprehensive because I really like stock stuff but I will settle for Resurrection as long as most of my apps work.

Any advice is welcome and I'm glad I'm still seeing support for the fantastic Note II! :D

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
CWM is outdate and hasn't been upgraded for a long time. TWRP is the recommended recovery for the Note 2.

Some combinations of modems and bootloaders are not compatible with each other and may cause problems in terms of ROM stability, cell reception, etc.

Personally, I would flash the latest stock ROM using Odin to ensure that the phone is running the latest modem and bootloader, flash TWRP, create a nandroid backup, and then flash a custom ROM.

Knox is not a big deal in my opinion since it does not prevent the flashing of custom recoveries or ROMs.

Reactions: AuralArch and oka1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM is outdate and hasn't been upgraded for a long time. TWRP is the recommended recovery for the Note 2.

Some combinations of modems and bootloaders are not compatible with each other and may cause problems in terms of ROM stability, cell reception, etc.

Personally, I would flash the latest stock ROM using Odin to ensure that the phone is running the latest modem and bootloader, flash TWRP, create a nandroid backup, and then flash a custom ROM.

Knox is not a big deal in my opinion since it does not prevent the flashing of custom recoveries or ROMs.