Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

back flashing from 4.4.2 GT-N7105 LTE

Tip us?

mrsynister1971
Old
(Last edited by mrsynister1971; 27th August 2014 at 05:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default back flashing from 4.4.2 GT-N7105 LTE

hey everybody,
i hope somebody can help and advise me on my dilema,
i have recently bought a note 2 GT-N7105 LTE from a friend who upgraded to a note 3 and the problem i have is a simple one,the device is locked to EE/Tmobile in the UK and i would like to unlock the bootloader so i can use any sim
from what i have read so far here on the forum i need to flash the existing rom which is 4.4.2 back to 4.1.1 before running the bootloader unlock method i found here on XDA
the information i need is that i was warned that back flashing from 4.4.2 may hard brick the device and would like some confirmation is this is true or not
the device is not rooted and has no custom recovery is pure stock so some advise and maybe even links to solve mt problem would be very much appreciated...thank you

p.s. i found this firmware on sammobile and would also like to ask if this will work for the unlocking process

Model: GT-N7105

Model name: GALAXY Note II LTE

Version: Android 4.1.1

Changelist: N/A

Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000

Product Code: EVR

PDA: N7105XXALIJ

CSC: N7105EVRALIC

MODEM: N7105BVALIG

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsynister1971 View Post
hey everybody,
i hope somebody can help and advise me on my dilema,
i have recently bought a note 2 GT-N7105 LTE from a friend who upgraded to a note 3 and the problem i have is a simple one,the device is locked to EE/Tmobile in the UK and i would like to unlock the bootloader so i can use any sim
from what i have read so far here on the forum i need to flash the existing rom which is 4.4.2 back to 4.1.1 before running the bootloader unlock method i found here on XDA
the information i need is that i was warned that back flashing from 4.4.2 may hard brick the device and would like some confirmation is this is true or not
the device is not rooted and has no custom recovery is pure stock so some advise and maybe even links to solve mt problem would be very much appreciated...thank you

p.s. i found this firmware on sammobile and would also like to ask if this will work for the unlocking process

Model: GT-N7105

Model name: GALAXY Note II LTE

Version: Android 4.1.1

Changelist: N/A

Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000

Product Code: EVR

PDA: N7105XXALIJ

CSC: N7105EVRALIC

MODEM: N7105BVALIG
You might have trouble getting an Odin flash to succeed due to the 4.4.2 rom and it's bootloader. Try to flash the device's 4.1.1 modem to allow the menu options needed to unlock the device. Once the unlock is completed you can flash the correct modem back to the device.

express21
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
what you can do is flash the 4.1.1 modem which should give you the options you need to unlock.