Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need help updating my rooted note 2!

Tip us?

kevzz01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I need help updating my rooted note 2!

So I got an update notice this morning for my tmo note 2. My phone is rooted but still on stock 4.3 rom. My question is how can I safely update my phone? I can't just update because im rooted right? I'm assuming that the update is the 4.4 update.

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevzz01 View Post
So I got an update notice this morning for my tmo note 2. My phone is rooted but still on stock 4.3 rom. My question is how can I safely update my phone? I can't just update because im rooted right? I'm assuming that the update is the 4.4 update.
If you have root only it should just update. But if you have frozen any apps or modified system files the UPDATE WILL FAIL.. If you are on Custom Recovery The UPDATE WILL FAIL...

You will Loose root of course
Hope this helps..
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Do a backup in titanium backup or whatever you use then unroot in supersu and then do a factory reset and it may update fine for you if not you will have to go to an older firmware and do the ota to what your on now and do the ota for kitkat

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Double0EK
Old
Thanks Meter 840
Quote:
If you are able to update then please let us know what the update is. I would like to know if it is in fact the long awaited 4.4.2 update.

kevzz01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK View Post
If you are able to update then please let us know what the update is. I would like to know if it is in fact the long awaited 4.4.2 update.
I haven't updated yet. I'm actually scared of bricking my phone. Im trying to find some step by step instruction for this. I don't have a titanium backup and I don't know how to use them