Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Note 2 is stuck at loading logo of Tmobile 4G LTE

Tip us?

kevzz01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My Note 2 is stuck at loading logo of Tmobile 4G LTE

I used factory reset and now my phone is stuck at the tmobile logo. I was rooted before but I removed SuperSU before doing the factory reset. I also tried wiping out the data at recovery mode but I'm still having the same problem. Is there anyone that can help me fix my Note 2?

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevzz01 View Post
I used factory reset and now my phone is stuck at the tmobile logo. I was rooted before but I removed SuperSU before doing the factory reset. I also tried wiping out the data at recovery mode but I'm still having the same problem. Is there anyone that can help me fix my Note 2?
I hope you didn't wipe system my mistake
happy to help you .

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Wiping /system is a trivial problem to solve, just flash again and voilà.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly? If you want back to stock, flash the appropriate ROM with Odin, boot to stock recovery, factory reset and call it a day. Unless you've messed up your NV items or done something incorrect with the bootloader, that's pretty much all there is to it.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

kevzz01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I wiped out the cache partition at recovery mode and now my phone is working just fine. The reason I factory reset my phone because I want to try if the system will let me update OTA after a reset. Unfortunately it won't let me update still because my phone was rooted. Is there a way to bypass this so I'd be able to update my phone?

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Ah! Flashing back to a non-rooted ROM would allow the OTA mechanisms to work normally.

There's inherently a risk for a ROM update to patch something that's been modified in ways it does not expect, such as root on a stock ROM.

In the case of Samsung devices, you could always Odin flash back to stock, or a pre-rooted stock image.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

kevzz01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshado View Post
Ah! Flashing back to a non-rooted ROM would allow the OTA mechanisms to work normally.

There's inherently a risk for a ROM update to patch something that's been modified in ways it does not expect, such as root on a stock ROM.

In the case of Samsung devices, you could always Odin flash back to stock, or a pre-rooted stock image.
Well I've always been on stock. I just rooted my phone before for some apps and that's it. I never use any custom rom. Im still at stock but wont let me update still

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Consider yourself as "custom" the moment you change anything on your /system partition, that includes root.

Samsung ROMs have this check that's displayed somewhere in settings, where your ROM will say if it thinks it's been modified. If so, OTA updates will be disabled.

Factory reset alone won't completely unroot you. You must unroot, then factory reset.

At this point, since you just want a stock rooted ROM and have already factory reset, you could flash the latest pre-rooted ROM with Odin. Will probably be simpler than prodding the phone into getting the OTA.