FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My Note 2 is stuck at loading logo of Tmobile 4G LTE

OP kevzz01

21st August 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I used factory reset and now my phone is stuck at the tmobile logo. I was rooted before but I removed SuperSU before doing the factory reset. I also tried wiping out the data at recovery mode but I'm still having the same problem. Is there anyone that can help me fix my Note 2?
21st August 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 243

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevzz01

I used factory reset and now my phone is stuck at the tmobile logo. I was rooted before but I removed SuperSU before doing the factory reset. I also tried wiping out the data at recovery mode but I'm still having the same problem. Is there anyone that can help me fix my Note 2?

I hope you didn't wipe system my mistake
21st August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #3  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 474

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wiping /system is a trivial problem to solve, just flash again and voilà.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly? If you want back to stock, flash the appropriate ROM with Odin, boot to stock recovery, factory reset and call it a day. Unless you've messed up your NV items or done something incorrect with the bootloader, that's pretty much all there is to it.
23rd August 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I wiped out the cache partition at recovery mode and now my phone is working just fine. The reason I factory reset my phone because I want to try if the system will let me update OTA after a reset. Unfortunately it won't let me update still because my phone was rooted. Is there a way to bypass this so I'd be able to update my phone?
24th August 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #5  
Montréal

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ah! Flashing back to a non-rooted ROM would allow the OTA mechanisms to work normally.

There's inherently a risk for a ROM update to patch something that's been modified in ways it does not expect, such as root on a stock ROM.

In the case of Samsung devices, you could always Odin flash back to stock, or a pre-rooted stock image.
24th August 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshado

Ah! Flashing back to a non-rooted ROM would allow the OTA mechanisms to work normally.

There's inherently a risk for a ROM update to patch something that's been modified in ways it does not expect, such as root on a stock ROM.

In the case of Samsung devices, you could always Odin flash back to stock, or a pre-rooted stock image.

Well I've always been on stock. I just rooted my phone before for some apps and that's it. I never use any custom rom. Im still at stock but wont let me update still
24th August 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #7  
Montréal

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Consider yourself as "custom" the moment you change anything on your /system partition, that includes root.

Samsung ROMs have this check that's displayed somewhere in settings, where your ROM will say if it thinks it's been modified. If so, OTA updates will be disabled.

Factory reset alone won't completely unroot you. You must unroot, then factory reset.

At this point, since you just want a stock rooted ROM and have already factory reset, you could flash the latest pre-rooted ROM with Odin. Will probably be simpler than prodding the phone into getting the OTA.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread