[Q] Problem installing ROM

Search This thread

MrJenks

Aug 1, 2014
I'm trying to install Liquid Smooth's latest 3.1 build on my phone , and i keep getting an error every time i try
I have had problems with other 4.4 ROMs(i can install 4.3 ROMs like LS v2.37), and it keeps happening
I've been doing this for three years, so I'm not that much of a newbie, I'm just not used to errors and complicated things

The Log in TWRP says :
Erasing System...
Mounting System
Installing System
Creating Symlinks
set_metadeta_recursive:some changes failed
E: Error in /external_sdcard/LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-
(Status 7)
Error flashing zip '/external_sdcard/LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-
Updating Partition details
FAILED

Does anyone know what's wrong ?
Im going to be gone until about 5pm EST, so thanks in advance

Last edited:

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Update TWRP. Also after you wipe, but before flashing the rom, reboot back into recovery. Say No to fixing SU when you do. Then try and flash the rom.

Reactions: MrJenks

terpin32

Jul 30, 2012
I'm trying to install Liquid Smooth's latest 3.1 build on my phone , and i keep getting an error every time i try
I have had problems with other 4.4 ROMs(i can install 4.3 ROMs like LS v2.37), and it keeps happening
I've been doing this for three years, so I'm not that much of a newbie, I'm just not used to errors and complicated things

The Log in TWRP says :
Erasing System...
Mounting System
Installing System
Creating Symlinks
(Status 7)
FAILED

Maybe try philz if you can't get it with twrp ive have to do that a few times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: MrJenks

MrJenks

Aug 1, 2014
Update TWRP. Also after you wipe, but before flashing the rom, reboot back into recovery. Say No to fixing SU when you do. Then try and flash the rom.
Thanks dude, i never knew you had to update twrp, its probably because everytime i have a phone it doesn't last over 6 months, but the note 2 has been through alot, and its durable compared to my other phones

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Permissions have to be set in a different way in 4.4.x ROM's. Commands like "set_metadeta_recursive" need updated binary which is included in updated TWRP and CWM recoveries.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Permissions have to be set in a different way in 4.4.x ROM's. Commands like "set_metadeta_recursive" need updated binary which is included in updated TWRP and CWM recoveries.

The Log in TWRP says :
    Erasing System...
    Mounting System
    Installing System
    Creating Symlinks
    (Status 7)
    FAILED

Maybe try philz if you can't get it with twrp ive have to do that a few times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app