Question about 4.3 going to 4.4 rom

Search This thread

DLinkwit

Dec 15, 2013
As of right now I have 4.3 Pacman rom and wanting to upgrade on 4.4 pacman rom
but everytime I flash it says error. I had this issue when I was at 4.2 trying to flash 4.3 and I updated to official 4.3 then rerooted then
flashed 4.3 rom.

Now do I need to officially update to 4.4 kitkat first coz there isn't one yet.
but how to I flash 4.4 rom. I'm using twrp from playstore.

Thank you! for all the help I can get.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Try this. .
After wiping (System, Data, Dalvik-Cache, Cache and/or Internal SdCard)
Go back to the Recovery Main Menu and find the option to reboot. But you'll want to select Reboot Back Into Recovery. After it boots back into recovery then try and flash the Rom.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
As of right now I have 4.3 Pacman rom and wanting to upgrade on 4.4 pacman rom
but everytime I flash it says error. I had this issue when I was at 4.2 trying to flash 4.3 and I updated to official 4.3 then rerooted then
flashed 4.3 rom.

Now do I need to officially update to 4.4 kitkat first coz there isn't one yet.
but how to I flash 4.4 rom. I'm using twrp from playstore.

Thank you! for all the help I can get.

Which version of twrp are you running? TWRP is not an app available on the play store. It is a recovery that may be installed by apps from the play store. The version you run is important if it is over 4-5 months old.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

DLinkwit

Dec 15, 2013
Which version of twrp are you running? TWRP is not an app available on the play store. It is a recovery that may be installed by apps from the play store. The version you run is important if it is over 4-5 months old.

like I said, I just re-rooted so I installed the newest twrp. It is also in play store as goomanager/goo.im whatever the name is
it is rebranded in twrp as downloadable now and will install the newest recovery.

Double0EK I will try that method since I never reboot back to recovery, I usually wipe then flash.

Thanks! guys will try that and let you know.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
like I said, I just re-rooted so I installed the newest twrp. It is also in play store as goomanager/goo.im whatever the name is
it is rebranded in twrp as downloadable now and will install the newest recovery.

Double0EK I will try that method since I never reboot back to recovery, I usually wipe then flash.

Thanks! guys will try that and let you know.

Your petulant impatience aside, if you won't tell us which version you are on (which is quite possibly a part of this scenario) it is difficult to help you.

Goomanager is not being supported and if that was your source for TWRP you are not on the latest version.

TWRP is not an app on the play store. There is a "TWRP Manager" in the store but I won't install it to find out the answer to the question I asked you. I don't trust apps like that personally as they may rely on markers that can be changed easily which may affect which version of recovery you get. If the app thinks your T889 is an N7105 and accordingly installs the wrong recovery you might end up with weirdness when installing ROMs with the wrong recovery.

I suggest downloading the current version of your device's recovery from the TWRP website and flashing it via a zip or via Odin.

That will take variables out of the equation. At the very least just tell us what version you are running. It shouldn't be a big secret.

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
twrp link

Your petulant impatience aside, if you won't tell us which version you are on (which is quite possibly a part of this scenario) it is difficult to help you.

Goomanager is not being supported and if that was your source for TWRP you are not on the latest version.

TWRP is not an app on the play store. There is a "TWRP Manager" in the store but I won't install it to find out the answer to the question I asked you. I don't trust apps like that personally as they may rely on markers that can be changed easily which may affect which version of recovery you get. If the app thinks your T889 is an N7105 and accordingly installs the wrong recovery you might end up with weirdness when installing ROMs with the wrong recovery.

I suggest downloading the current version of your device's recovery from the TWRP website and flashing it via a zip or via Odin.

That will take variables out of the equation. At the very least just tell us what version you are running. It shouldn't be a big secret.

I make no claims about if this link works or not but it was referneced on another page here on xda for the t-889...they said to use the latest/highest #

https://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0ltetmo/?page=2

hope that helps.