Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root didnt work, want to unroot and lose custom status

Tip us?

thechu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Root didnt work, want to unroot and lose custom status

Tried to root my Galaxy Note 2 following this site galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method. Everything went fine. But when the phone rebooted, I was immediately greeted with a security warning. "Unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked" Also informed that SuperSU is missing its binary, and cannot be installed by SuperSU. So, I rooted it, but I don't have root access. Everything I've found to try and fix this requires root access, that I don't have. I've given up on trying to root this phone, but I can't unroot it without root access. I would like to unroot it so I can try to update the software. How can I fix my SuperSU binary issue? Please, explain this to me like I'm a retarded noob, since I am in fact a retarded noob
The Following User Says Thank You to thechu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pyraxiate
Old
Thanks Meter 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechu View Post
Tried to root my Galaxy Note 2 following this site galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method. Everything went fine. But when the phone rebooted, I was immediately greeted with a security warning. "Unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked" Also informed that SuperSU is missing its binary, and cannot be installed by SuperSU. So, I rooted it, but I don't have root access. Everything I've found to try and fix this requires root access, that I don't have. I've given up on trying to root this phone, but I can't unroot it without root access. I would like to unroot it so I can try to update the software. How can I fix my SuperSU binary issue? Please, explain this to me like I'm a retarded noob, since I am in fact a retarded noob
Download Odin. Download the factory image from sammobile.com. Odin the stock image. Problem solved

Or if you still want root, download the Mr robinson T-Mobile prerooted Odin image and flash that.

Fyi i accidently hit the thanks button. I guess you got a free one on me
Devices - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Asus Transformer Tab TF300T
Roms - JediMaster 13 + Jedi X 13 - - - - - - - | CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.6 W / Untermench's 10.4.4.20 Kernel
Home Internet Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> Work Internet Speed

If I have helped and you would like to donate, Click Here