[Q] Root didnt work, want to unroot and lose custom status

OP thechu

10th August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Tried to root my Galaxy Note 2 following this site galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method. Everything went fine. But when the phone rebooted, I was immediately greeted with a security warning. "Unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked" Also informed that SuperSU is missing its binary, and cannot be installed by SuperSU. So, I rooted it, but I don't have root access. Everything I've found to try and fix this requires root access, that I don't have. I've given up on trying to root this phone, but I can't unroot it without root access. I would like to unroot it so I can try to update the software. How can I fix my SuperSU binary issue? Please, explain this to me like I'm a retarded noob, since I am in fact a retarded noob
The Following User Says Thank You to thechu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #2  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 660

1,803 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechu

Tried to root my Galaxy Note 2 following this site galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method. Everything went fine. But when the phone rebooted, I was immediately greeted with a security warning. "Unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked" Also informed that SuperSU is missing its binary, and cannot be installed by SuperSU. So, I rooted it, but I don't have root access. Everything I've found to try and fix this requires root access, that I don't have. I've given up on trying to root this phone, but I can't unroot it without root access. I would like to unroot it so I can try to update the software. How can I fix my SuperSU binary issue? Please, explain this to me like I'm a retarded noob, since I am in fact a retarded noob

Download Odin. Download the factory image from sammobile.com. Odin the stock image. Problem solved

Or if you still want root, download the Mr robinson T-Mobile prerooted Odin image and flash that.

Fyi i accidently hit the thanks button. I guess you got a free one on me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread