Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock 4.4.2 OC Kernel

Tip us?
 
wavv.drama
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 44
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Montreal
Default [Q] Stock 4.4.2 OC Kernel

Hi everyone,

I've just gotten the T889 and have been trying to find a kernel that would run TW (in my case stock 4.4.2 already rooted with philz touch recovery) and I'm trying to find a kernel that would permit OC. I tried devil dual -----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2239453 "[Kernel] Devil2-2.3.2 [4.3/4.4] - Linaro 4.8.3 - Dualboot - 02/01" but my phone doesn't boot after flashing.. which leads me to believe that it only works with stock 4.3 (and others). My question would be if anyone is aware of a kernel that would work with stock 4.4.2 that would allow OC'ing. I have looked for one but haven't had a chance to find one, so if anyone could suggest anything, it would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
 
kozmo21
Old
(Last edited by kozmo21; 12th July 2014 at 09:32 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 403
Posts: 512
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavv.drama View Post
Hi everyone,

I've just gotten the T889 and have been trying to find a kernel that would run TW (in my case stock 4.4.2 already rooted with philz touch recovery) and I'm trying to find a kernel that would permit OC. I tried devil dual -----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2239453 "[Kernel] Devil2-2.3.2 [4.3/4.4] - Linaro 4.8.3 - Dualboot - 02/01" but my phone doesn't boot after flashing.. which leads me to believe that it only works with stock 4.3 (and others). My question would be if anyone is aware of a kernel that would work with stock 4.4.2 that would allow OC'ing. I have looked for one but haven't had a chance to find one, so if anyone could suggest anything, it would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
There is no official stock 4.4.2 ROM for the t889... yet. But, if you're on a 4.4.2, you can use Agni kernel. Here is link to thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602053
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wavv.drama
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 44
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo21 View Post
There is no official stock 4.4.2 ROM for the t889... yet. But, if you're on a 4.4.2, you can use Agni kernel. Here is link to thread... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602053
Thank you for the info! I guess I should have specified (my mistake) I'm using the T889V, a Canadian variant and the update is available through the SamMobile's firmware site. I wonder, TW 4.4.2 would work with the link you've posted?

Thank you again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sammobile 889v 4.4.2 stock.png
Views:	28
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	2847943  
 
kozmo21
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 403
Posts: 512
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavv.drama View Post
Thank you for the info! I guess I should have specified (my mistake) I'm using the T889V, a Canadian variant and the update is available through the SamMobile's firmware site. I wonder, TW 4.4.2 would work with the link you've posted?

Thank you again!
It should. At the bottom of the 1st post of that thread it has supported devices...
Installer zip SUPPORTED Devices : t0lte, t0ltedv, N7105T, t0lteatt, SGH-I317, t0ltetmo, SGH-T889, t0ltecan, t0ltevl, SGH-I317M
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wavv.drama
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 44
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo21 View Post
It should. At the bottom of the 1st post of that thread it has supported devices...
Installer zip SUPPORTED Devices : t0lte, t0ltedv, N7105T, t0lteatt, SGH-I317, t0ltetmo, SGH-T889, t0ltecan, t0ltevl, SGH-I317M
Sir, I thank you kindly for the advice and letting me know about this kernel. It's the first one that has actually booted and the Agni Control is amazing.. so much customization.

Again, thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to wavv.drama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kozmo21
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 403
Posts: 512
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavv.drama View Post
Sir, I thank you kindly for the advice and letting me know about this kernel. It's the first one that has actually booted and the Agni Control is amazing.. so much customization.

Again, thank you!
This is the best kernel I've used since I got my note 2 almost 2 years ago. I wish this was available back with 4.1.2.

Be careful with undervolting, that's the only thing that my phone doesn't like. It will hang and need a battery pull. I just leave it with no UV, and all is good. I don't have any problems getting through a day with battery, so no real need to UV.

Good luck going forward
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kozmo21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes