Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile Galaxy Note II won't boot into system or recovery

Tip us?

veeman961
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76 View Post
No. Bootloader is only flashed during ota, Kies update, or Odin flash

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
So far every time I've said flash, I've meant through Odin since I'm not able to boot into recovery I can't flash from it.
Proud owner of 4 Android Devices

1. T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  2. Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 1st Generation
  3. Samsung Captivate
  4. HP Touchpad

Code:
public static void main(String[] args){
        int MeaningOfLife = 42;
        while (MeaningOfLife == 42) {
             System.out.println("Android is better than iOS and Google is better than Apple");
             }
}

Rhino_7
Old
(Last edited by Rhino_7; 6th August 2014 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Originally Posted by Rhino_7 View Post
Well I soft bricked my T889 Note 2 I believe.

It turns on but stays at the start screen,"Samsung Galaxy Note 2." screen. When I try and go to recovery, I press the up button and it goes straight to "Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target".

I successfully got the files to download using Odin and it says successful ,I got the green Passed, but it acts like the bootloader is not working.

Please help!!.
I just want to get it working again. Since I can still use Odin, is there a stock file that will clean and get the bootloader working again ?

Okay,I got it back. Yeah I'm a noobie

I Odin back the original file androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577200 which is the 4.3 ver. and it's back to unrooted stock I guess. This looks like the same file you tried but try it. Who knows,it might work for you also.
T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_T889UVUCMK7_HOME-4.3.zip

Just a note for some who may not know this. Odin doesn't like it when you have Windows Explorer open when you are trying to load the .tar file.

I have since rerooted with success. I think I'll just play around with GravityBox and Xposed for awhile.

veeman961
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Well I soft bricked my T889 Note 2 I believe.

It turns on but stays at the start screen,"Samsung Galaxy Note 2." screen. When I try and go to recovery, I press the up button and it goes straight to "Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target".

I successfully got the files to download using Odin and it says successful ,I got the green Passed, but it acts like the bootloader is not working.

Please help!!.
I just want to get it working again. Since I can still use Odin, is there a stock file that will clean and get the bootloader working again ?

Okay,I got it back. Yeah I'm a noobie

I Odin back the original file androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577200 which is the 4.3 ver. and it's back to unrooted stock I guess. This looks like the same file you tried but try it. Who knows,it might work for you also.
T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_T889UVUCMK7_HOME-4.3.zip

Just a note for some who may not know this. Odin doesn't like it when you have Windows Explorer open when you are trying to load the .tar file.

I have since rerooted with success. I think I'll just play around with GravityBox and Xposed for awhile.
I have already tried this file and it did go through as Pass in Odin, but the phone never properly booted.

I tried to contact mobiletechvideos but they aren't returning my calls or responding to my emails.....please help!!
I'm not really sure what to do at this point so if anyone knows how to fix my problem let me know.....or if anyone knows a different service that I can contact let me know as well.
Proud owner of 4 Android Devices

1. T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  2. Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 1st Generation
  3. Samsung Captivate
  4. HP Touchpad

Code:
public static void main(String[] args){
        int MeaningOfLife = 42;
        while (MeaningOfLife == 42) {
             System.out.println("Android is better than iOS and Google is better than Apple");
             }
}