Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Someone Please Stop me before I hurt myPhone!!!

Tip us?

ShawnVin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Someone Please Stop me before I hurt myPhone!!!

Hello. Hopefully, my title was just interesting enough to draw the eye of someone who know much more than I about his custom ROM stuff. Please understand that I am sure that this issue and probably exact question has been asked countless times by the same dummy, like myself, with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. SO...forgive me...I've spent countless hours reading and trying to find an answer on my own but everyone seems to have a slightly different problem, or, have utilized different methods of creating their issue.I'll be brief and ask for someone to please spare a little time to help me resolve this. THank you

Bottom line is that I tried to flash 4.4.2 to my NoteII(sgh-t889). I booted into recovery and did something stupid. I think I loaded the .zip files from the SD card instead of through my PC. Anywho, the phone is now bootlooped with the Cyanogen logo and I can only access ODIN to try and flash a new and proper firmware version. I wiped dalvik and did a factory reset before flashing the new ROM bu I don't think that is relevant because I am quite sure that I didn't install properly.
I have looked EVERYWHERE for a downloadable .TAR file to flash with the stock firmware(4.1.2) ...even here(hotfile.com has apparently shut down and all links are a bust) and I am not even sure if that will fix the problem

If anyone is willing to take the time to guide me through the steps to reinstall the stock firmware, point me to alid links for necessary files, and get this thing up and running again, i'll promise to give up on mod'ing my device and just enjoy the hotspot use that I got from rooting the phone in the first place.

BTW...I made a backup using clockwork but I cannot access it.

THanks Again for reading and the anticipated responses. I am sure this is a breeze for most of you but for those of us trying for the first time and learning by internet, this can be a little confusing due to so many differing methods/software. Thanks again.

PodGom
Old
(Last edited by PodGom; 15th July 2014 at 12:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
you can get stock firmwares for ALL samsung devices at sammobile. Search google to access the site. The directions on the webpage to download is pretty straightforward. After you have the appropriate file on your computer, go into odin( give administrator permision) and select the PDA( says CP in some versions) button and select the file you just downloaded. Now with your phone, go into download mode( power home voldown) and when you see an big android and a screen that says downloading , connect your phone to your computer running odin and click start. Wait about 5to10 mins and you will have a resetted phone with stock firmware. If youre stuck in a bootloop just do this again until it works.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

<MY DEVICES>

{android}

Korean GALAXY S3 3G>> SHW-M440S
android 4.4
KERNEL: ARTER97 KERNEL

GALAXY TAB 3>>SM-T310
4.2 STOCK UNROOTED

Crema Shine>>ebook
android 4.0

{iOS}

two iPhone 4
one jailbroken, ios 7.1.2

iPad 2
iOS 8 beta

<<<DiD i HeLp?? PrEsS tHaNkS!!!

ShawnVin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodGom View Post
you can get stock firmwares for ALL samsung devices at sammobile. Search google to access the site. The directions on the webpage to download is pretty straightforward. After you have the appropriate file on your computer, go into odin( give administrator permision) and select the PDA( says CP in some versions) button and select the file you just downloaded. Now with your phone, go into download mode( power home voldown) and when you see an big android and a screen that says downloading , connect your phone to your computer running odin and click start. Wait about 5to10 mins and you will have a resetted phone with stock firmware. If youre stuck in a bootloop just do this again until it works.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
Hello. Thank you so much for responding ad so quickly. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. I probably dont have to explain how lost I feel without my phone.

I tried all instructions provided but I believe that I must have missing something. The file downloaded is a .zip file and I cannot flash a .zip file through ODIN...or can I???? I did not see any .TAR files or others that can be flashed. If there is a simple solution, please respond with what I am doing wrong or where a >tar file can be located that can be flashed through odin to reinstall the stock firmware. I am willing to try any method that will solve the problem. THank you all again for reading and the assistance.

You_got_owned123
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Why not try to get a rom that is 4.3? Maybe you have firmware for 4.3. Otherwise the only thing I could think is that your firmware and rom version isn't matching. I've had it boot loop before and it was usually because mismatch in firmware and rom

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

PodGom
Old
(Last edited by PodGom; 16th July 2014 at 02:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnVin View Post
Hello. Thank you so much for responding ad so quickly. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. I probably dont have to explain how lost I feel without my phone.

I tried all instructions provided but I believe that I must have missing something. The file downloaded is a .zip file and I cannot flash a .zip file through ODIN...or can I???? I did not see any .TAR files or others that can be flashed. If there is a simple solution, please respond with what I am doing wrong or where a >tar file can be located that can be flashed through odin to reinstall the stock firmware. I am willing to try any method that will solve the problem. THank you all again for reading and the assistance.
ok. I think you downloaded the wrong file. here are the elaborated assistance you might need.
1. go into this link : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
2. register or log in to the sammobile website.
3. you should have a black box that says <select your firmware> with a bunch of words in it. on the top right of that box, you'll see a box that says <Search device here...> enter you device name(SGH-T889) in that box and you will see your device firmware there. download the software version(android version) you want and press download. you'll have a zip file. you need to extract the zip file, and there'll be an odin flashable file.
*note: download is probably reeeeaaallly slow, so go have a cup of coffee. good luck!
after you've got the file on your computer, follow these instructions:
1. Extract (unzip) the firmware file
2.Open Odin
3.Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
4.Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
5.Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
6.Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
7.Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PodGom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]