The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LED Green light blinks when screen is off

OP kroberson

5th July 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I think my phone is hijacked with one of those keylogger/data retriever programs. The latest strange thing I see is the green LED lights turning on and blinking when screen is off. No messages or alerts are waiting for me when I open screen and the battery is charged but not plugged into a charger. Can only find settings in phone for red and blue LED lights. Blue led flashes if voice is recorded during screen sleep mode but green is not identified. Is it possibly streaming data video alert?
6th July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803

2,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroberson

I think my phone is hijacked with one of those keylogger/data retriever programs. The latest strange thing I see is the green LED lights turning on and blinking when screen is off. No messages or alerts are waiting for me when I open screen and the battery is charged but not plugged into a charger. Can only find settings in phone for red and blue LED lights. Blue led flashes if voice is recorded during screen sleep mode but green is not identified. Is it possibly streaming data video alert?

Can't know what to ask without having any idea what ROM you are running. Kinda important.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
7th July 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Can't know what to ask without having any idea what ROM you are running. Kinda important.

I am attaching system info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-06-20-19-22.png
Views:	33
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	2837181  
7th July 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 803

2,049 posts
More
That looks like T-Mobile official stock rom. What is the second icon from the left in the notification screen? I will get green lights for notifications frequently but you state that there are none waiting for you.

You may wish to run a virus scan app but I doubt that it is virus related. It would be a moron of malware author to activate a flashing light indicating that he is ripping you off. I'd check on recently updated apps and see if turning them off in settings one at a time will let you isolate which one is causing the flashing light.

The other thing you could do is check to see what apps are using more background data than usual.

If after all is said and done you are still worried, factory reset and start over.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread