Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LED Green light blinks when screen is off

Tip us?

kroberson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default LED Green light blinks when screen is off

I think my phone is hijacked with one of those keylogger/data retriever programs. The latest strange thing I see is the green LED lights turning on and blinking when screen is off. No messages or alerts are waiting for me when I open screen and the battery is charged but not plugged into a charger. Can only find settings in phone for red and blue LED lights. Blue led flashes if voice is recorded during screen sleep mode but green is not identified. Is it possibly streaming data video alert?

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroberson View Post
I think my phone is hijacked with one of those keylogger/data retriever programs. The latest strange thing I see is the green LED lights turning on and blinking when screen is off. No messages or alerts are waiting for me when I open screen and the battery is charged but not plugged into a charger. Can only find settings in phone for red and blue LED lights. Blue led flashes if voice is recorded during screen sleep mode but green is not identified. Is it possibly streaming data video alert?
Can't know what to ask without having any idea what ROM you are running. Kinda important.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

kroberson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76 View Post
Can't know what to ask without having any idea what ROM you are running. Kinda important.

I am attaching system info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-06-20-19-22.png
Views:	30
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	2837181  

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 593
That looks like T-Mobile official stock rom. What is the second icon from the left in the notification screen? I will get green lights for notifications frequently but you state that there are none waiting for you.

You may wish to run a virus scan app but I doubt that it is virus related. It would be a moron of malware author to activate a flashing light indicating that he is ripping you off. I'd check on recently updated apps and see if turning them off in settings one at a time will let you isolate which one is causing the flashing light.

The other thing you could do is check to see what apps are using more background data than usual.

If after all is said and done you are still worried, factory reset and start over.