Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrading SGH-T889 to 4.4.2 Official/Stock

Tip us?

jinda628
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Question [Q] Upgrading SGH-T889 to 4.4.2 Official/Stock

Hey guys. I've been using Note 3 for almost a year now and I am giving my Note 2 to my son. But its still on an old 4.3 AOSP custom ROM right now and want to upgrade it to an official 4.4.2 firmware if there is one.

I look at sammobile and search for SGH-T889 but the latest I can find is 4.3 released on Dec. 2013.
I checked both N7100 and N7105 and they have 4.4.2 available for download.

I entirely forgot already the difference between all these variation so I want to be sure before I Odin something.
Can I use the 4.4.2 FW from any of the 7100 or 7105? If not, can you guys point me to where I can download it?

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the help.
My devices now and then:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Google Nexus 5
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II
Google Nexus 10
HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G

xBkKx
Old
Thanks Meter 182
There isn't a firmware update. The T-Mobile model of the Note 2 still hasn't received the update for Kitkat.
Feel free to flash a custom Kitkat ROM on the device though it worn have T-Mobile WiFi calling if you desire that.
The Following User Says Thank You to xBkKx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jinda628
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBkKx View Post
There isn't a firmware update. The T-Mobile model of the Note 2 still hasn't received the update for Kitkat.
Feel free to flash a custom Kitkat ROM on the device though it worn have T-Mobile WiFi calling if you desire that.
Oh I see. I just installed the stock 4.3 FW last night since thats the latest I can find. Can I flash the KK Rom straight over the 4.3 stock?

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My devices now and then:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Google Nexus 5
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II
Google Nexus 10
HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G

xBkKx
Old
Thanks Meter 182
I wouldn't. The Kitkat ROMs aren't going to be like taking an OTA update and I believe all the TouchWiz Kitkat ROMs are ports from the N7105 model
The Following User Says Thank You to xBkKx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]