[Q] Wake/touch Issues with Making/recieving calls

Search This thread

Nemesis158

Nov 22, 2013
Spokane
I got this phone about 1-1.5 months ago and it has been great to me except for one issue.
When I got the phone, I rooted it and installed Carbon rom 4.4.4 on it. Everything worked great except for one big problem.
When making or receiving a call, the phone would go straight to lock (screen off). the call would still go through but the phone would become very slow to wake back to the screen, and after unlocking, the Phone app (teleservice.apk) would not respond to any touch input. This meant I could not access my voice-mail, as I could not enter the pin. Using Developer options i was able to confirm that the touchscreen was still functioning. I had originally thought this was an issue with the specific version of CarbonRom that I had installed on the phone, so i posted to their thread in the hopes i could get an update/answer. CarbonRom for the T0lte has not been updated since 11-24-2014. I was done waiting so I decided to try another ROM. I first tried CM12, And while the phone app did now accept touch input, the phone still had alot of trouble waking after initiating or recieving a call, and the screen would turn off right after turning on most of the time. Then I tried a stable version of LiquidSmooth 3.2 (4.4.4) and it is still having the same problem.
The phone app is accepting touch input, but I can hardly get the screen to come on at all while a call is on. i am guessing an issue such as this presenting itself across 3 separate roms means something between the roms and the baseband/radio isnt communicating correctly? What am I doing wrong here? should I reflash the baseband? go back to stock and see if that works?

Baseband is T889UVUCMK7
CWMT recovery