FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[4.4.4] MIUI [4.9.5][AOSP Omni based]

9th September 2014, 10:21 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,721

Donate to Me
More
First off I do not own an i605 myself but have the l900 (sprint) which is almost the same device. Hardware wise there is only a tiny difference which is in the partition setup. Sprint uses a different data partition mccblk0p17 where all other N2's use mccblk0p16 the other is our mccblk0p16 which contains special files used by sprint on their stock roms (just to make our lives more difficult). I have been working with @lacoursiere18 on a few of my projects for the l900 and we tried to port an earlier version of MIUI for our devices before he got busy with school. Since then I have successfully ported over MIUI to the l900 and i605. Brian has been nice enough to test build out and confirm it works great on the i605. So now I am releasing this for your flashing pleasure. I also took a little extra time and modified Plasma 2.55 to work with MIUI and gotten permission from @ffolks (a few months ago) to post the modified kernel for everyone to use.

Well everyone (l900 users and those who browse the l900 forums) already knows I hate doing OP's so they stay pretty simple and this wont will be any different. Also MIUI users know that there are weekly updates but since this is a port and I have so many projects going on. It might be a month or two between my releases.

This is ported from the N7100 which is based on Omni rom. Original rom is located here and is the one by mdiary. So far only issues I know of it call recorder does not work (just says being used by another app) and you have to go into settings..mobile networks..network mode and change to CDMA+LTE/EvDO to enable 4g after every boot. If you flash any gapps package you will lose gps. If you continue to read the OP I will give instructions on how to setup your MIUI rom to get the most out of it.

So I took the base and turned it into a full featured rom with a whole mess of add-ons and tweaks.

Included items/tweaks/mods
Adfree (although I already have a host list created)
dolphin browser
dolphin jetpack plugin
adobe flash 11.1 kk
es file manager
LG G3 Keyboard and a few themes
WSM (MIUI Xposed)
Mi-Tools module (like wanam or gravity box)
Paid themes module (all miui themes are free)
AOSP Dash Clock widget
AOSP Calender widget
Terminal emulator
A bunch of build.prop tweaks
A bunch of init.d scripts (to enable them continue reading the OP)

Bug list

MIUI-i605 4.9.5
Any Omni bugs
call recording does not work
If you flash any gapps besides mine you will lose gps

Change Log

MIUI-i605 4.9.5 9-8-14
First port of rom
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th September 2014, 10:21 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag houston, tx

Donate to Me
More
Downloads
Flashing instructions
1. Backup internal sdcard to you PC or external sdcard (this will really help prevent issues
2. Boot into recovery and backup current rom
3. Do a factory reset (if using philz/cwm do clean for new rom)
4. Format/wipe internal sdcard (if you dont do this and have issues first thing I will say is format it)
5. Reboot back into recovery (this will create your internal sdcard dir structure)
6. Flash MIUI and boot it
7. After initial setup power off and boot into recovery
8. Flash Gapps (please do it in this order or you will end up wiping and reflashing)
9. Boot into rom
10. Go to post #3 and follow those steps

Do not flash any kernel besides the modified Plasma or your rom wont boot. If there is an AOSP kernel you want to use let me know and I will make it compatible.

Plasma 2.55 MIUI edition Synapse is included in this flashable zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712469118
MD5sum 13ffea951345225e8ad0abdaf2f279d4

MIUI Gapps
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712469103
MD5sum c7bb4c995d6116a7c88977fe4821af10

MIUI 4.9.5
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712469104
MD5sum 70bd84e1e6f65786a8ca8836b6908225
Last edited by jlmancuso; 9th September 2014 at 11:47 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 10:22 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag houston, tx

Donate to Me
More
Importaint tips for MIUI
Simple things for now

1. Open security (located on first screen)..permissions.. and turn on root permission
2. Open WSM tools (miui xposed) and click install DO NOT reboot yet
3. At top of the screen you will see < Manage click here and enable all three modules
4. Reboot phone and setup Mi-Tools to your liking and reboot for settings to be applied
5. Open settings... general settings tab... mobile networks... network mode... set to CDMA+LTE/EvDO (will have to do this every boot to have 4g(LTE)
6. If you want to use a different launcher ( I dont like the iOS style launcher myself ) open settings... general settings... display... default launcher.. and select launcher3 or whatever you have installed yourself
7. Setup your google account and enjoy

Some things are in Chinese
in settings... general settings.. stock settings you will see two chinese options the top one is your advanced settings for samsung devices the bottom one is your Mi-POP settings (that circle with the back icon)

BELOW IS A NICE GUIDE FOR MIUI

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/m/fea...mis-miui-v5-os
Last edited by jlmancuso; 11th September 2014 at 01:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 10:24 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag houston, tx

Donate to Me
More
Things that are reported as issues
If you are having gps issues try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisn000

I have been using Maverick Pro from the play store and find it gets GPS lock with google maps from play store also installed... Once maverick has a lock other apps seem to work as well.

Here is the free version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....maverick.lite

..i set my location setting to device only; the first time i used it it took a few minutes to lock, but its been very quick every time since.

The yellow dotted indicator in the bottom bar of the app shows number (16) of gps satellites found:

Themes that cause issues (random reboots, freezes, etc...)
material
Last edited by jlmancuso; 14th September 2014 at 06:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 10:24 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag houston, tx

Donate to Me
More
last one
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 11:07 PM |#6  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Thanks for the work you put in @jlmancuso and @lacoursiere18. Excited to give something new a try.
10th September 2014, 04:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
I'll give this a shot over the weekend.
10th September 2014, 07:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Awesome good to see this ole device still getting some luv
10th September 2014, 04:08 PM |#9  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 6,594

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

last one

Thanks for the mention sir.. But I really had nothing to do with getting this working.. All you BRO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razortaz18

Thanks for the work you put in @jlmancuso and @lacoursiere18. Excited to give something new a try.

Not me.. @jlmancuso put all the work in.. Me and AOSP do not play nicely =)

Cmon TW version loll
Last edited by lacoursiere18; 10th September 2014 at 04:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 06:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread