Originally Posted by iiNFAMOUS CHRiS
Update 2: Added a Wi-Fi Hot Spot Fix, thanks to @cooperg21
Update 1: I have attached the recovery, EFS and PIT I personally used on my phone to do this fix, as requested by a fellow member
I've seen a few people that accidentally "bricked" their Verizon Note 2 by accidentally installing the N7100 Bootloader. I myself did this, attempted the resistor mentioned by a fellow member and that also would not work for me. So I set out to find an alternative way to do it, and was successful. You don't even have to open the phone to do it.
You will need:
Stock ND3 Odin compatible stock ROM (I used N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF)
N7100 TWRP Recovery (Latest Version, Odin Flashable)(attached to this post)
An i605 ROM (I used DN3).
A backup of your own EFS(if you have one), or the backup I provided(attached to this post)
N7100 PIT File, to repartition your Internal Storage to work with the stock N7100 ROM(attached to this post)
1. Use odin to write the N7100 pit file
2. Then, using Odin, load "N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF" into the "PDA" section, after that was finished, I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset. That allowed the phone to boot up, but baseband was "Unknown" and it had no service.
3. Then, use Odin to flash the latest version of TWRP for the N7100(it MUST be n7100 or it will bootloop/stick on the Samsung/Rom Booting screen)
4. Then you must flash "N7100_ND3_DrKetan_Custom_ROM_V82.zip" using TWRP recovery, it will boot that up just fine, still says "Unknown" for baseband(i'll explain later why I flashed this, and am directing you to also flash this, despite bootloader still not working).
5. Afterwards, flash the EFS file(attached to this post) using ODIN. This will help resolve the lost Baseband/IMEI problem encountered with flashing the stock N7100 ROM in Step 1.
5. After that, flash "DN3_v5.2_VZW.zip", again, using TWRP Recovery. After that my phone booted up it had service and all of my apps worked.
When I skipped Step 4, a few apps wouldn't work correctly. Instagram wouldn't refresh the feed or load anything, Snapchat wouldn't open anything or send anything either. I'm not sure why that happens, but it ONLY happened if I didn't flash the N7100_ND3_DRKetan ROM before flashing the DN3 ROM
I know this device is beginning to get old, but I hope this can help someone in the future.
Hello, So I tried them all, can you kindly explain step by step how to do it, because if I put the 3.07 with odin pit file in PDA gives me runtime error and crashes the program, if you unzip the file and put it in the pit PIT, odin part, however, hangs on GET PIT FOR MAPPING and does not go ahead or should I wait what?
I'm stuck here, please help me and you are desperate !!!
Ps: I have both Microsoft Framework installed on your pc 4.51 that java 8.0 and java jdk8.0!