No registration required

How To: Unbrick A Hard Bricked i605 [n7100 Bootloader Flash] NO Resistor

OP iiNFAMOUS CHRiS

21st September 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNFAMOUS CHRiS

Attached it to this post. Your phone is in Download Mode, correct?

Hello, yes the cell I put it in download mode correctly, one last question, you have to have the bootloader unlocked to do this, because hindsight is useless to continue to ask suggestions!
26th September 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #72  

18 posts
Hello iiNFAMOUS CHRiS , I have also tried what you give me returns the same error, I do not know what to do anymore, I miss some software on your PC?
Last edited by Piombo71; 26th September 2014 at 03:52 PM.
27th September 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 4

98 posts
I have DrKetan installed and running, but now Odin gets stuck when I try to install the EFS.

Please help.

Thanks
27th September 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #74  

18 posts
Quote:

Update 2: Added a Wi-Fi Hot Spot Fix, thanks to @cooperg21
Update 1: I have attached the recovery, EFS and PIT I personally used on my phone to do this fix, as requested by a fellow member

I've seen a few people that accidentally "bricked" their Verizon Note 2 by accidentally installing the N7100 Bootloader. I myself did this, attempted the resistor mentioned by a fellow member and that also would not work for me. So I set out to find an alternative way to do it, and was successful. You don't even have to open the phone to do it.

You will need:
Odin Software
Stock ND3 Odin compatible stock ROM (I used N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF)
N7100 TWRP Recovery (Latest Version, Odin Flashable)(attached to this post)
An i605 ROM (I used DN3).
A backup of your own EFS(if you have one), or the backup I provided(attached to this post)
N7100 PIT File, to repartition your Internal Storage to work with the stock N7100 ROM(attached to this post)

1. Use odin to write the N7100 pit file
2. Then, using Odin, load "N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF" into the "PDA" section, after that was finished, I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset. That allowed the phone to boot up, but baseband was "Unknown" and it had no service.
3. Then, use Odin to flash the latest version of TWRP for the N7100(it MUST be n7100 or it will bootloop/stick on the Samsung/Rom Booting screen)
4. Then you must flash "N7100_ND3_DrKetan_Custom_ROM_V82.zip" using TWRP recovery, it will boot that up just fine, still says "Unknown" for baseband(i'll explain later why I flashed this, and am directing you to also flash this, despite bootloader still not working).
5. Afterwards, flash the EFS file(attached to this post) using ODIN. This will help resolve the lost Baseband/IMEI problem encountered with flashing the stock N7100 ROM in Step 1.
5. After that, flash "DN3_v5.2_VZW.zip", again, using TWRP Recovery. After that my phone booted up it had service and all of my apps worked.

When I skipped Step 4, a few apps wouldn't work correctly. Instagram wouldn't refresh the feed or load anything, Snapchat wouldn't open anything or send anything either. I'm not sure why that happens, but it ONLY happened if I didn't flash the N7100_ND3_DRKetan ROM before flashing the DN3 ROM

I know this device is beginning to get old, but I hope this can help someone in the future.

Hello, So I tried them all, can you kindly explain step by step how to do it, because if I put the 3.07 with odin pit file in PDA gives me runtime error and crashes the program, if you unzip the file and put it in the pit PIT, odin part, however, hangs on GET PIT FOR MAPPING and does not go ahead or should I wait what?
I'm stuck here, please help me and you are desperate !!!

Ps: I have both Microsoft Framework installed on your pc 4.51 that java 8.0 and java jdk8.0!
27th September 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #75  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 41

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piombo71

Hello, So I tried them all, can you kindly explain step by step how to do it, because if I put the 3.07 with odin pit file in PDA gives me runtime error and crashes the program, if you unzip the file and put it in the pit PIT, odin part, however, hangs on GET PIT FOR MAPPING and does not go ahead or should I wait what?
I'm stuck here, please help me and you are desperate !!!

Ps: I have both Microsoft Framework installed on your pc 4.51 that java 8.0 and java jdk8.0!

Try the PIT file in a different version of Odin, I had that same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to iiNFAMOUS CHRiS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #76  

18 posts
Hello, then I could start Odin with the pit file in PDA, but now hangs written to NAND Write Start and does not go further and the cell in download mode and the blue bar at the end, at this point what should the cell , reboot or what? It takes a long time or is stuck there, another thing I wanted to ask is whether this method also works on 4.4.2 or FND7 only with the 4.3 and lower, because I have brick with this, thank you for any answers!
2nd October 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #77  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airslant

3.07 is what worked for me.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello, excuse me can you explain how you did it with Odin 3.07? Because I just put the file in PDA Pit and I click start I get runtime error, tried with all versions of Odin, same result, I can not flash the file Pit, me FAIL, else why the file is .tar.gz and weighs 937 bytes and after the error turns into .tar and weighs 4.50 Kbytes The file of the thread is damaged by accident? Could you give me the files you have used, since you did?
Thanks so much
2nd October 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 4

98 posts
Quote:

Here is a link, i've never personally used his services so I cannot comment on how long it takes, or anything like that.

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/

Do I also need to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 IMEI EFS Repair?

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...ei-efs-repair/
26th October 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #79  
Flag Coshocton, OH
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
Angry
Oh my god, thank you. The phone is finally back after 3 weeks. Just curious what exactly did we do? Am I running some hodgepodge of i7000 and i605 stuff? This rom is a drain, I need a new battery now.
17th November 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
has anyone gotten to update to the lastest ROM so far after this? I decided to go to the newest ND4 I think, it updated and all and it did load. But I was unable to get a signal.. I tried loading the EFS/Modem back but with no success. I did backup both befored I wiped the data and all that good stuff. Whoever installed the Jedi ROM did you install the DR rom first then Jedi and then modem/efs ? I might want to switch..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, note, note2, recover, resistor
Previous Thread Next Thread