Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How To: Unbrick A Hard Bricked i605 [n7100 Bootloader Flash] NO Resistor

OP iiNFAMOUS CHRiS

29th November 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #81  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
i got error with EFS write with Odin 3.09 & 3.07 always Fail with Red

i flashed with PIT and N7100XXUFNI1_N7100ODDFNI1_N7100DDUFND1_HOME.tar
phone turn ON ok but no baseband and IMEI
can you guide me furthur for what to do?
thanks

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperg21

I think so. Here is what I installed.
http://www.androidayos.com/2014/04/2...kitkat-update/
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByGZ5...xport=download

Next step is the.... N7100 Dr.Ketan Custom ROM V 8.1

I ran into some issues with the PIT file (tried two different ones that I randomly found) and when I installed the above rom, it froze a couple of times in ODIN, but the third time was the charm. (If there is any way you could upload a link to the PIT file, future viewers with this problem would be really grateful!)

Is this it?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653311
or this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927983

I'm moving everything onto my card via another phone and will update when I have an answer as to whether or not it worked. Thank again!

- My phone is currently stuck on the Samsung Screen. I'm thinking I didn't do the setup options correct on the rom....

- Tried wiping and reflashing rom but now I can't get past the Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 screen.....

- OK, Starting process again..... so I went back and reinstalled the French Recovery for the N7100. (Listed above). I think my original download didn't work so I redownloaded it. It flashed through Odin and booted without any weird errors! I'm going to follow the rest of the steps now.

- Installed TWRP: openrecovery-twrp-2.7.2.1-t03g.img.tar

- Installing the N7100 Dr.Ketan Custom ROM V 8.1 now via TWRP

- TWRP said FAILED after the install but I rebooted and my phone now says "Android is upgrading...",

- SUCCESS! The ROM installed. (just picked default/skip options) Now I'm going to install the DN3 Rom via TWRP

- Got DN3 up and running but no cell reception. Went to install the EFS via Odin 3.09 but it crashed Odin.... Trying with 3.07.... 3.07 got to NAND write start and my phone has a blue bar across the bottom but I think it's stuck... Task Mgr. shows little to no activity.... Time to try again.... I was able to restore an EFS via TWRPfrom a backup I had made but still no cell reception..... :/

- It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just impatient. After about 30 seconds, I have cell reception! CHRiS, you truly are infamous! You are awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!



Did you try just running the PIT by itself using Odin 3.7?


can you share your efs and method here?
thanks for fast reply
29th November 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #82  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmoon8

i got error with EFS write with Odin 3.09 & 3.07 always Fail with Red

i flashed with PIT and N7100XXUFNI1_N7100ODDFNI1_N7100DDUFND1_HOME.tar
phone turn ON ok but no baseband and IMEI
can you guide me furthur for what to do?
thanks

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------




can you share your efs and method here?
thanks for fast reply

Hello, sorry you have flashed a firmware 4.3 or 4.4.2 by a? For the EFS enough that you restore a backup folder equivalent to the firmware you have installed now!
13th December 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #83  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
More
I followed word by word 80% done. Only remaining 20% need to be done.

I need your help #iiNFAMOUS CHRiS #cooperg21 :
Can't flash EFS write with Odin 3.09, 3.07, 3.4 or 1.85 always Fail with Red

Phone turn ON However no baseband and IMEI

Please help.
17th December 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #84  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap.shah

I followed word by word 80% done. Only remaining 20% need to be done.

I need your help #iiNFAMOUS CHRiS #cooperg21 :
Can't flash EFS write with Odin 3.09, 3.07, 3.4 or 1.85 always Fail with Red

Phone turn ON However no baseband and IMEI

Please help.

One of the posts in thread thread has a modem file attached.
You have to flash the modem first. And always wait 5 minutes after you turn on the phone for signal
22nd December 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #85  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanash

One of the posts in thread thread has a modem file attached.
You have to flash the modem first. And always wait 5 minutes after you turn on the phone for signal

I found modem files. I have flushed it to phone. Now, I can see BB : I605VRALL4. However still there is no signal. Am i doing anything different ?
22nd December 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #86  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNFAMOUS CHRiS

Update 2: Added a Wi-Fi Hot Spot Fix, thanks to @cooperg21
Update 1: I have attached the recovery, EFS and PIT I personally used on my phone to do this fix, as requested by a fellow member

I've seen a few people that accidentally "bricked" their Verizon Note 2 by accidentally installing the N7100 Bootloader. I myself did this, attempted the resistor mentioned by a fellow member and that also would not work for me. So I set out to find an alternative way to do it, and was successful. You don't even have to open the phone to do it.

You will need:
Odin Software
Stock ND3 Odin compatible stock ROM (I used N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF)
N7100 TWRP Recovery (Latest Version, Odin Flashable)(attached to this post)
An i605 ROM (I used DN3).
A backup of your own EFS(if you have one), or the backup I provided(attached to this post)
N7100 PIT File, to repartition your Internal Storage to work with the stock N7100 ROM(attached to this post)


1. Use odin to write the N7100 pit file
2. Then, using Odin, load "N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF" into the "PDA" section, after that was finished, I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset. That allowed the phone to boot up, but baseband was "Unknown" and it had no service.
3. Then, use Odin to flash the latest version of TWRP for the N7100(it MUST be n7100 or it will bootloop/stick on the Samsung/Rom Booting screen)
4. Then you must flash "N7100_ND3_DrKetan_Custom_ROM_V82.zip" using TWRP recovery, it will boot that up just fine, still says "Unknown" for baseband(i'll explain later why I flashed this, and am directing you to also flash this, despite bootloader still not working).
5. Afterwards, flash the EFS file(attached to this post) using ODIN. This will help resolve the lost Baseband/IMEI problem encountered with flashing the stock N7100 ROM in Step 1.
5. After that, flash "DN3_v5.2_VZW.zip", again, using TWRP Recovery. After that my phone booted up it had service and all of my apps worked.

When I skipped Step 4, a few apps wouldn't work correctly. Instagram wouldn't refresh the feed or load anything, Snapchat wouldn't open anything or send anything either. I'm not sure why that happens, but it ONLY happened if I didn't flash the N7100_ND3_DRKetan ROM before flashing the DN3 ROM

I know this device is beginning to get old, but I hope this can help someone in the future.



I have i605 (Verizon Note 2). Accidentally I've flushed N7100XXUFND3 ROM. And I think it has loaded ND3 boot loader also it triggered KNOX. On top of that I followed this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...n7100-t2825222) to unbrick my note.

From old backup, I found backup of my EFS and modem (TWRP+MD5). I can restore those. Still I'm not getting signal may be b'coz now I'm using T-Mobile.

Pls help me !! "Casual No you Verizon root and unlock" is not working. What should I do to unlock it? Pls help me !!
Pls help me !!
Pls help me !!
Pls help me !!
24th December 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #87  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I have an i605 with a n7100 bootloader. Is there any way to restore stock Verizon firmware on this bootloader, or flash back to the i605 bootloader?
27th January 2015, 06:58 AM   |  #88  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
succesfully recover i605
Thanks a lot for the help, trully your the best....

I have managed to have my phone running and no errors on rom DN3, exept for details that trying to solve...
Now reading about installing the rom, is it unlocked the bootloader on our recovered i605?
What roms are the ones that can be flash trought TWRP?
theres a way to have the i605 back to itself before? i have the rom install and the info are N7105 have signal, Baseband and Imei correct with the modem file attached.

Thanks for the replay and help...
27th January 2015, 09:42 AM   |  #89  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thanks for the replay and help...

BTW some apps dosent work good Titamium backup, lucky patcher 1.70 tell's me dosent detect sd card, showbox dosent update, can somebody help or tell another rom to put and i dont have to handle to much hassel

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, note, note2, recover, resistor
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes