Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Root][4.4.2 ND7]GhettoRoot (Towelroot port) v0.3.2

10th March 2015, 01:07 PM   |  #451  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfballz

Now that you have Titanium installed go and uninstall Syscope (nothing bad will happen) and to remove KNOX manually and to get rid of the errors popping up uninstall or freeze:
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
KLMS Agent
KNOX
Knox Notification Manager
KNOX Store

Not sure what to do about the APN settings though.

Okay.. Uninstalled SyScope and then uninstalled the Knox SetupWizard and BOOM.. no more nags.. sweet! Now if I could only figure out that APN dealie I'd be jamin'
Thanks again for all your help!
13th March 2015, 08:27 PM   |  #452  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Super Newbie Question
Shame on me asking this newbie question here. I've tried every root methods and filed - especially spent 8 hours to flash from odin, nad unbrick my galaxy note 2.

FYI, my phone is SCH-605 (Verizon) and I605VRUFND7 (I don't know what is this) on 4.4.2.

How do I put binary into /files/folder? I'm pretty newbie here, and I can't simply 'put busybox-armv4tl binary into /files/folder.

I gooled for every methods so far and I have installed SDK.

Now I can see SDK commands in cmd when I type 'adb'.

What should I do now?

I don't even know how to locate my desktop on cmd. Any help?

p.s. I copied to put busybox-armv4tl into system32 which is default location set on my cmd. And typed
----------------------------------------
adb push busybox-armv4tl /files/folder
and it gives me:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
cannat stat 'busybox-armv4tl': No such file or directory

Please advise!
13th March 2015, 09:11 PM   |  #453  
Flag Prescott
Thanks Meter: 189

604 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj0404

Shame on me asking this newbie question here. I've tried every root methods and filed - especially spent 8 hours to flash from odin, nad unbrick my galaxy note 2.

FYI, my phone is SCH-605 (Verizon) and I605VRUFND7 (I don't know what is this) on 4.4.2.

How do I put binary into /files/folder? I'm pretty newbie here, and I can't simply 'put busybox-armv4tl binary into /files/folder.

I gooled for every methods so far and I have installed SDK.

Now I can see SDK commands in cmd when I type 'adb'.

What should I do now?

I don't even know how to locate my desktop on cmd. Any help?

p.s. I copied to put busybox-armv4tl into system32 which is default location set on my cmd. And typed
adb push busybox-armv4tl /files/folder
and it gives me:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
cannat stat 'busybox-armv4tl': No such file or directory

Please advise!

Make sure you have the samsung drivers for the phone installed on your pc
Make sure you have USB debugging enabled (in Developer Options under your setting menu, if you don't see Developer Options you will need to enable it by going to settings and tapping on About Device then tap on Build number about 7-10 times) You may have to tap on Revoke USB debugging authorizations and then replug the phone back into your computer
You already have SDK installed
Open a adb cmd window and type adb devices and see if your device is listed.
Download ghettoroot.zip from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=27
Extract stuff from zip file and run .bat file and follow on screen instructions. You should be able to root that way.

Hopefully I'm not missing a step but this what worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfballz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2015, 11:31 PM   |  #454  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfballz

Make sure you have the samsung drivers for the phone installed on your pc
Make sure you have USB debugging enabled (in Developer Options under your setting menu, if you don't see Developer Options you will need to enable it by going to settings and tapping on About Device then tap on Build number about 7-10 times) You may have to tap on Revoke USB debugging authorizations and then replug the phone back into your computer
You already have SDK installed
Open a adb cmd window and type adb devices and see if your device is listed.
Download ghettoroot.zip from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=27
Extract stuff from zip file and run .bat file and follow on screen instructions. You should be able to root that way.

Hopefully I'm not missing a step but this what worked for me.

OMG this worked for me!
I have tried every methods online so far, and I have bricked my phone many times that I can't even count it.
I typed 'adb devices' and I found Bluestack in my computer, so I erased it. (I'm pretty sure bluestack hasn't been a problem for other methods since I just installed it yesterday)
And I followed your step, and there was SuperSu!
Again, thank you so much!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mjj0404 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2015, 02:00 PM   |  #455  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
thanks.
22nd March 2015, 12:56 AM   |  #456  

2 posts
I'm late to the game.
I just got a note2 that has never been activated...stupid me, I updated it before reading....
Thanks to you guys at least i'm rooted on 4.4.2

BTW..I had to hook up my old ass windows xp laptop to get it to work. 10th time was a charm. lol
Last edited by kenshell; 22nd March 2015 at 01:06 AM.
22nd March 2015, 01:00 AM   |  #457  

9 posts
Not a problem sword_arrows, just read up to the last post with a thread to the modified GettoRoot! I personally can tell you it will work for you!
Seadoodude
23rd March 2015, 04:01 PM   |  #458  

6 posts
Unhappy Hard bricked my phone
Hi,
I tried to do this and I have hard bricked my phone.
I first tried doing this about about a month ago and wasn't successful getting root. I thought, "Oh well, I tired" and went about my business. I was getting messages on boot about knox and sys.... not working but I was still able to use my phone.
Eventually, I got tired of that and thought "I'll do a factory reset and everything will be fine." Tried that and was still getting messages about know and sysscope (?) not working.
Eventually, I started getting more messages about other things crashing like google play, etc.
I tried another factory reset the other day and was still getting error messages. I tried putting it in download mode a few times (volume, home, power button) and it worked and I was getting to try to flash/root it again and then it wouldn't boot at all.
Now it is completely hard bricked. It doesn't turn on at all. Tried several cords/batteries/remove sd/remove sim, etc. No signs of life.
I know I am an idiot and shouldn't have tried this. I have rooted phones before with success but this one killed me.

The only thing I see to do is to do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690033
Which seems difficult for Macgyver let alone my Macgruber-like skills.

Any other options that I can do myself?

Thanks,
Rob
25th March 2015, 01:58 AM   |  #459  
nyc
Thanks Meter: 4

94 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDRFilms

Okay.. Uninstalled SyScope and then uninstalled the Knox SetupWizard and BOOM.. no more nags.. sweet! Now if I could only figure out that APN dealie I'd be jamin'
Thanks again for all your help!

I rooted the same way you did, how did you remove syscope and the knox stuff manually ? I can just force stop it thats it.
25th March 2015, 02:11 AM   |  #460  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xan3x

I rooted the same way you did, how did you remove syscope and the knox stuff manually ? I can just force stop it thats it.

Like I said.. I just uninstalled the Knox setup wizard and all the errors went away. No more Knox errors at boot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread