Watch This Now!

Clock on Verizon Note 2

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By The:Dude, Junior Member on 11th September 2015, 11:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
OK, I've been searching all night both here and on Google, and my eyes are starting to blur.. I may be searching the wrong phrase I don't know.. But here's the deal.. I'm using a Note 2 that I got used for an awesome price ($25). It works like it's brand new and so far I'm loving it! I'm on the stock 4.3 mj9 firmware, rooted with saferoot, running safestrap 3.72 (twrp I don't have the funds to send it to Texas for the bootloader unlock, so I'm testing out other touchwiz ROMs in slot 1. I'm not new to the process of rooting and flashing, so I'm not concerned on that account..

But what has got me flummoxed at the moment is the irritating clock that comes stock.. Granted I used cm10 through 12 on my Droid RAZR for years before I got the Note so I got used to a few things and don't like change.. So my question here is, is there any way at all to install a status bar/notification clock that has the same functionality as the cm deskclock? Or even the same look? Right now I have a shortcut to the stock clock on my homescreen but that feels like a clunky workaround solution to me.. I pulled the deskclock.apk from the cm12 that's on the RAZR and sent it to my Note, but when I move it to system\app and install it, it says something like Clock has failed.. I installed it, and deleted every instance of the apk from internal memory but still have it on my SD card in hopes somebody will be able to explain it to me..

Also, is there any way to install a flashlight/torch tile to the notification panel?

Am I out of luck? Am I better off using widgets on the homescreen? Should I install a custom ROM? Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.. So are ROM suggestions.. I know Dev on this phone has kinda halted due to the bootloader lock, but it's still an awesome device with a lot of power and potential!

Thanks in advance XDA!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
11th September 2015, 11:34 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Also the phone is just being used as a WiFi device, so if there are any compatible ROMs out there that don't have the phone and messaging software I'd like to take a look at those.. Maybe I should just learn how to build my own ROM..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread