Ask a question

No registration required

Error code 24 after download

OP Garyalp

9th December 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I had to use a nandroid backup yesterday after I messed up my phone. Im on 4.3, Sophisticated 2.0. Had some missing apps that I downloaded from the play store. Flixter and pandora both end with an error code 24.
I used root explorer and went to data/data/com.android/pandora and tried to delete that file. Wont delete. Do I have to change permissions to delete it or is there another way to fix this problem. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
9th December 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 85

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyalp

I had to use a nandroid backup yesterday after I messed up my phone. Im on 4.3, Sophisticated 2.0. Had some missing apps that I downloaded from the play store. Flixter and pandora both end with an error code 24.
I used root explorer and went to data/data/com.android/pandora and tried to delete that file. Wont delete. Do I have to change permissions to delete it or is there another way to fix this problem. Thanks.

This thread should help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53624921

After wiping with stock recovery, you should be able to reflash your custom recovery and restore your nandroid backup...just make sure to reinstall the same custom recovery that you used to create the nandroid backup.
11th December 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thanks for that. Reinstalled the stock recovery. Wiped the cache. Reinstalled phils recovery. Went ahead and flashed the sophisticated 2.0 zip from the ext card. Rebooted and tried to install flixter from play store. Still getting the -24 error code. Stumpped.

11th December 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 85

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyalp

Thanks for that. Reinstalled the stock recovery. Wiped the cache. Reinstalled phils recovery. Went ahead and flashed the sophisticated 2.0 zip from the ext card. Rebooted and tried to install flixter from play store. Still getting the -24 error code. Stumpped.

If you only wiped cache, but didn't do a factory reset, then you will need to flash stock recovery again and do a factory reset to wipe data. Then put Philz back on and try again. That should fix the problem.
11th December 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Okay, I will do that. Thought I only had to wipe the cache. Thanks again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread