FORUMS

Factory apps uninstall script for ND7

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By hondaatc, Junior Member on 2nd April 2015, 02:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

Back in the days of the Samsung Moment on SDX developers, and then later on also here with the Droid 2 (my last phone) once rooted, there were uninstall scripts that could be loaded from ES File Explorer to remove alot of the bloatware and factory apps, if you did not want to install a new rom.

Anything like that existing now, or a list of apps that can be "safely" removed?
Last edited by hondaatc; 2nd April 2015 at 02:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondaatc For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th April 2015, 05:23 PM |#2  
Knoxvegas TN
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Exclamation Me too Me too (being a pain in the ass)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaatc

Hi,

Back in the days of the Samsung Moment on SDX developers, and then later on also here with the Droid 2 (my last phone) once rooted, there were uninstall scripts that could be loaded from ES File Explorer to remove alot of the bloatware and factory apps, if you did not want to install a new rom.

Anything like that existing now, or a list of apps that can be "safely" removed?

Adding a "MEE TOO" to your question.

I've had this phone a week after breaking my vs980 (I mean crunch, hardware) and in the week I've had the i605 I've spent more time reading, and reading, and READING (and goin, oh holy crap.... this s**** is serious!!!) trying to figure out how to make the phone usable.

On MY terms, ha ha.... From what I see, some of the Dev's that make the ROM's from stock are stripping out SOME of the "bloat" but even the stripped stock ROMs are 4x more footprint than AOSP. From what I understand if we have a 4.4.2 phone we can't go to AOSP ROMS. I still find that hard to believe but I've made some expensive bricks (and learned alot unmaking the bricks) being impatient and just "assuming" well if THIS works, then, in theory, THIS^2 will work.... Ha ha.... I'm trying to be more patient and careful.

I'm not sure how to go about asking the very busy Dev-Guru's how to pare the thing down to the bare bones (or offer some clumsy help) Or at least point to the comments in the source code that will instruct...

THX
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)