Finally Safestrap Recovery v3.72 Works on ND7 -4.4.2 locked bootloader

Search This thread

vipsy6

Jun 13, 2014
Vadodara
-so open up the alliance rom /system folder and the dn3 rom /system folder
- delete the build.prop, CSCVersion.txt, kern_sec_info, lkm_sec_info, and the SW_Configuration.xml files from DN3
-replace those files with the ones from the alliance rom /system rom folder
-boot into safestrap
-wipe cache dalvik cache
- flash the DN3 zip file with the newly replaced files in it
-enjoy
On a side note you will lose root and safestrap after installing the DN3 rom, but just reroot with the towelroot methods, update chainfire supersu from google play, open super user app and update binaries, and then reinstall safestrap and your done

Clear Explanation.. :good:
Can you please provide above required files from Alliance ROM ? As it would be quite difficult for me to download the whole ROM for Alliance with my Internet connection, as it is not too good . Your help would be highly appreciated.

Edit: I managed to download it from other source of high speed internet...

Last edited:

vipsy6

Jun 13, 2014
Vadodara
Can't root

I am unable to root after installed DN3. Tried Ghettoroot & Towelroot but no success. Any suggestions please ?

EDIT:
So I reverted back to Stock. Even it didn't worked, there was a problem with Ghettoroot file, so i followed below and it worked.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=57238246
Just posted if it might could be helpful for anyone...

Last edited:

vipsy6

Jun 13, 2014
Vadodara
Excellent! Got it. Now using Alliance ROM 4.4.2 Build 30. Everything is checking out so far. I have a question still, however. Why is it that these larger - in file size - ROMs (like Ditto 3 and Alliance) work, but the smaller ones such as Liquid do not seem to work?

@TheJOJ what changes did you do in zip file before flashing ? as mine got stuck at Note 2 logo

androidreviewguy

Oct 29, 2014
Has anyone tested this with ezykat rom?

Sent from my Samsung SCH-I605

Nexus 6 giveaway

If you have not talked to me and your interested pm me.

NB2A

Dec 19, 2009
I am running beans build 26 with mj9 4.3 build along with locked bootloader on safestrap. Does anyone have any info as to how I can upgrade please? Thanks

androidreviewguy

Oct 29, 2014
I am running beans build 26 with mj9 4.3 build along with locked bootloader on safestrap. Does anyone have any info as to how I can upgrade please? Thanks

I've noticed no one answers on this thread

Sent from my Samsung SCH-I605

Nexus 6 giveaway

If you have not talked to me and your interested pm me.

Don't ask about it in someone's thread that's rude. ends march 27th drawing will be done on YouTube.

Piombo71

Apr 9, 2013
Hi @iamakrem,i wanted to ask you something,then i was able to install via Safestrap on Note 2 of my sister the DN3 V5.5 and Blekota Lite V1.1 of the N7100, but once started they both baseband unknown,i have to flash EFS backup or what?Then i tried both the DR.Ketan V14 that Diamond V8, Safestrap eventually tells me succeful,but after the word Galaxy Note II makes me black screen,if i delete the rom the boot.img maybe you start?

SGS3VMU

Nov 11, 2014
Safestrap isn't installing via the installer

I rooted and tried to install Safestrap via the installer. I get a toast message saying that the installation has completed, but the app still says Safestrap: Not Installed. Why is this happening????

Piombo71

Apr 9, 2013
I rooted and tried to install Safestrap via the installer. I get a toast message saying that the installation has completed, but the app still says Safestrap: Not Installed. Why is this happening????

Hello,you installed or upgraded supersu 2.46,then you open Safestrap and clicked install recovery!

Eternal00

Jul 19, 2015
Yesssss!

After trying to install safestrap to my verizon note 2 for many times with failure.
Today suduenly i tried again to reRoot my my ND7 android 4.4.2 note 2 with locked bootloader and try it again
i used ghettoroot-v0.2.2 within the attachment and after rooting and before installing safestrap i went directly to google play store
and updated my super su and after the update i launched super su and it asked for if i want to upgrade the su binary and i did
and after the reboot i installed safestrap and magic happend it is working and i do not have any idea what happend it is working :)

I tried to install this rom called - DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team and at first i create a rom slot and flashed over it but it failed to start and that is when i decided to flash over the stock slot and it worked ...

so all you need to do is

1 - root using ghettoroot-v0.2.2
2- update you super su
3- update su binary and reboot
4- install safestrap and reboot to it
5- wipe cach and dalik cache
6- flash the DN3 rom without removing the boot.img since their is no need for that .
7. your device got a new life :)

you can confirm from the screenshot below and have nice time every one :)

i added the updated super su apk within the attachment

#Wifi Fix

For those facing wifi problems with dn3 rom i have managed to solve that by using some files from aliance 4.4.2 rom
i copied the following files from alliance 4.4.2 rom to the dn3 zip file before flashing and wifi is working now

1 - i replaced the files directly within the /system folder not touching the the folders or sub files within the folders just the files directly within the /system

and wifi now works on dn3 (ditto)
I just installed the DN3 Rom, on my ''ancient'' Note 2 SCH-I605 (ND7) Verizon 4.4.2..After searching high and low..I finally found a rom! I just use the device for gaming, the wifi fix worked.Thanks.... :good:

tororosso76

Dec 16, 2011
hello eternall00, i have your i605 smartphone with kitkat 4.4.2. i tried with rom rom, e-team rom but i could not install anyone, i always error. i use safestrap 4.0 without results. i would favor to pass the rom you used it? I'm getting crazy. Look for my english.grazie in advance.

DarkTomb09

Jul 25, 2018
Hi I've been searching everywhere and unfortunately I have found nothing on an unlock for the ND7 bootloader or Android 4.4.2. There is root and Safestrap but that limits it to just 4.4.2 and touchwiz based roms. Its just heartbreaking because with 4.4.2 it just sits in my drawer. This phone has builds with 7.0 and up so I'm really hoping someone is around so we can actually find an unlock method for this device!! Help me and others out!

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Hi I've been searching everywhere and unfortunately I have found nothing on an unlock for the ND7 bootloader or Android 4.4.2. There is root and Safestrap but that limits it to just 4.4.2 and touchwiz based roms. Its just heartbreaking because with 4.4.2 it just sits in my drawer. This phone has builds with 7.0 and up so I'm really hoping someone is around so we can actually find an unlock method for this device!! Help me and others out!
Flash ramc3 firmware dude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After trying to install safestrap to my verizon note 2 for many times with failure.
    Today suduenly i tried again to reRoot my my ND7 android 4.4.2 note 2 with locked bootloader and try it again
    i used ghettoroot-v0.2.2 within the attachment and after rooting and before installing safestrap i went directly to google play store
    and updated my super su and after the update i launched super su and it asked for if i want to upgrade the su binary and i did
    and after the reboot i installed safestrap and magic happend it is working and i do not have any idea what happend it is working :)

I tried to install this rom called - DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team and at first i create a rom slot and flashed over it but it failed to start and that is when i decided to flash over the stock slot and it worked ...

so all you need to do is

1 - root using ghettoroot-v0.2.2
    2- update you super su
    3- update su binary and reboot
    4- install safestrap and reboot to it
    5- wipe cach and dalik cache
    6- flash the DN3 rom without removing the boot.img since their is no need for that .
    7. your device got a new life :)

you can confirm from the screenshot below and have nice time every one :)

i added the updated super su apk within the attachment

#Wifi Fix

For those facing wifi problems with dn3 rom i have managed to solve that by using some files from aliance 4.4.2 rom
    i copied the following files from alliance 4.4.2 rom to the dn3 zip file before flashing and wifi is working now

1 - i replaced the files directly within the /system folder not touching the the folders or sub files within the folders just the files directly within the /system

and wifi now works on dn3 (ditto)
    Hi, I understand but what files should I replace? Be more specific please?

-so open up the alliance rom /system folder and the dn3 rom /system folder
    - delete the build.prop, CSCVersion.txt, kern_sec_info, lkm_sec_info, and the SW_Configuration.xml files from DN3
    -replace those files with the ones from the alliance rom /system rom folder
    -boot into safestrap
    -wipe cache dalvik cache
    - flash the DN3 zip file with the newly replaced files in it
    -enjoy
    On a side note you will lose root and safestrap after installing the DN3 rom, but just reroot with the towelroot methods, update chainfire supersu from google play, open super user app and update binaries, and then reinstall safestrap and your done
    So, yes it does work. However, I am now stuck on Ditto3 with no wi-fi, a very slow 4G connection, no safestrap, and I cannot get back to stock ROM to try to reflash Ditto3 until I can get some wifi up in this.

What can I do now?

you have to root your ditto 3 the same way you rooted your nd7 and update your su and su binary and install safaestrap then you will be able to flash another rom i have updated post #1 you can find the new su within the attachment
    i am still trying to find a way for the wifi to work
    Excellent! Got it. Now using Alliance ROM 4.4.2 Build 30. Everything is checking out so far. I have a question still, however. Why is it that these larger - in file size - ROMs (like Ditto 3 and Alliance) work, but the smaller ones such as Liquid do not seem to work?

Those roms that are not working need their own kernel which we are not allowed to flash using safestrap since we have a locked bootloader
    safestrap allows as to flash roms but not kernels ... so i belive almost only any rom that is compatible with the nd7 kernel will work
    Hi guys, I wanted to ask if i install the DN4 for N7100 with Safestrap, risk a brick to the cell of my sister?

Everything that's not ND7 built, or doesn't have ND7 kernel will brick your device.

And I believe that ND7 is SCH-I605 only, so yes, that will brick her device.