Turn my friends note 2 into Tmobile note 2

27th July 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Des moines ia
Thanks Meter: 19

474 posts
More
right now my friend is using her verizon note 2 on Tmobile, just popping the sim and changing the APN makes it work great on Edge and 4G but it is stuck on the stock verizon rom and the backup program that verizon put on there keeps eating the battery even thought the app is off (went into settings and turned sync off),

she is on the most up to date software and can't root with out safestrap, but i am just wondering if there is a way to flash the stock Tmobile rom (just the rom no modems or anything) thru Odin? we just want all the verizon stuff gone to make it more of a tmobile phone.
28th July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,383

3,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebear8

right now my friend is using her verizon note 2 on Tmobile, just popping the sim and changing the APN makes it work great on Edge and 4G but it is stuck on the stock verizon rom and the backup program that verizon put on there keeps eating the battery even thought the app is off (went into settings and turned sync off),

she is on the most up to date software and can't root with out safestrap, but i am just wondering if there is a way to flash the stock Tmobile rom (just the rom no modems or anything) thru Odin? we just want all the verizon stuff gone to make it more of a tmobile phone.

Well there is no way to flash a T mobile firmware throught ODIN.. Unless you want a paper weight. Flashing another bootloader from another device is a very good way to make the phone not usable.
You can port a Custom T mobile rom but why go through all that to just get rid of some system apps. Just go into your system/app and priv-apps and delete the Verizon apps.
ba-syncservice-app-signed.apk is the app your looking for to disable sync function..
28th July 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Des moines ia

474 posts
More
But I thought I had to have root to edit the system folder?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
28th July 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,383

3,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebear8

But I thought I had to have root to edit the system folder?

You do.. Sorry might have misread.. If you are not rooted than you can not change this.. Only way to turn sync off would be to go into stock recovery and do a factory reset.. When you load back up make sure that you UNCLICK "sync" Contacts..

SOrry i reread your post
Quote:

can't root with out safestrap

What does this mean????
If she is on 4.3 than she is able to root her phone.. You saying safestrap and the latest software throws me for a loop.. The latest software is ND7 4.4.2 and there is no way to root this.. therefore no safestrap either..
Just making sure you know that root and a unlocked bootloader is to different things.. Safestrap requires root but not a unlocked bootloader..
Last edited by lacoursiere18; 28th July 2014 at 12:42 PM.
28th July 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Des moines ia

474 posts
More
Ok

Last edited by icebear8; 28th July 2014 at 06:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread