Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Camera not working on any Kit Kat Roms. Please help

Tip us?

njwill323
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google Camera not working on any Kit Kat Roms. Please help

Hi Everyone!

I have a Verizon Note 2 Unlocked Bootloader running Baseband: I605VRUEMJ9.

I have played with different KitKat ROMS such as DN3 and Liquid Smooth ROM and I am always having trouble with Google Camera App. The problem specifically is if I take a picture it will show empty in the gallery. Or sometimes the picture wont even look like it saved in the gallery.

I have tried the fix from this post below but nothing seems to be working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-roms-t2505973

Please any help will be greatly appreciated!!

andyman4lyfee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by njwill323 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I have a Verizon Note 2 Unlocked Bootloader running Baseband: I605VRUEMJ9.

I have played with different KitKat ROMS such as DN3 and Liquid Smooth ROM and I am always having trouble with Google Camera App. The problem specifically is if I take a picture it will show empty in the gallery. Or sometimes the picture wont even look like it saved in the gallery.

I have tried the fix from this post below but nothing seems to be working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-roms-t2505973

Please any help will be greatly appreciated!!
I used slimkat rom 4.4.2 by gchild and it had that same problem. But he had a fix on the OP that fixed the camera issue. At least for his ROM. Shot in the dark and probably taboo, but maybe try his patch. Or just flash slimkat. It is pretty nice.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Also, don't forget to do a full system/internal storage wipe.

My GPS started working better after I did a full internal storage wipe. I also regained about 6GB of fat.

njwill323
Old
(Last edited by njwill323; 24th July 2014 at 06:23 PM.) Reason: add more information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman4lyfee View Post
I used slimkat rom 4.4.2 by gchild and it had that same problem. But he had a fix on the OP that fixed the camera issue. At least for his ROM. Shot in the dark and probably taboo, but maybe try his patch. Or just flash slimkat. It is pretty nice.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Also, don't forget to do a full system/internal storage wipe.

My GPS started working better after I did a full internal storage wipe. I also regained about 6GB of fat.

Thanks for your answer. However I have some questions,

Are you referring to this thread here? It appears its on 4.4.4. now and i wasnt able to see where he mentions Google Camera Fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514357

I flash Slim-i605-4.4.4 build 6.4 but still having camera issues.

If you can direct me to the downloads which worked for you I will try and see if it works for me.

Thnks!

66racer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I haven't had any issues using the fix you originally linked. I also haven't had that problem before either. My issues that were resolved with the mentioned fix was camera freezing or not communicating.

I will suggest to try the older v2.3 just to see if it helps. I noticed on an AOKP build I needed to use the omni version with the v5 but the v2.3 worked on either aosp or AOKP.

I also have to mention that apophis's AOKP build is rock solid (camera works 80% for me so I still use the flash file)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617657

andyman4lyfee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can send you the file. I don't see it either on the thread.

Send me your email address and I will send it.