Ask a question

No registration required

Why so many levels of files

OP stueycaster

23rd August 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 565

1,515 posts
When I looked for my Nandroid Backup using Root Explorer I found I had to tap the "0" file over and over before I finally found it. At each level there are all the other files under "Storage". Why would I have so many different levels in the "Storage" directory?

Is it because of all the times I've flashed roms or something? Is it necessary? Is this an Android 4.4.2 thing? It doesn't seem right to me.

I've attached a screeny. Notice how many 0's in the path to this file

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
27th August 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 72

194 posts
Are you wiping the internal storage when you flash roms? This was necessary when moving from 4.1 to 4.3 roms and since that time instructions for flashing suggest wiping everything but the external SD.
27th August 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,515 posts
There have been a couple times when Recovery has corrupted my SD Card. I've been reluctant to wipe internal storage because if I wiped it and wound up with a bad SD I'd be screwed. Can I remove the card, wipe internal, replace the card and flash a rom from external storage after?

Besides why don't they warn us about the multiple layers of files if we don't wipe internal. Why doesn't the CWM Recovery wipe that stuff on it's own then replace it.

Last edited by stueycaster; 27th August 2014 at 07:30 PM.
31st August 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,515 posts
Ok I wiped internal storage and solved the problem. It's still weird though. I never had this happen til I got Kitkat. I like KK though and don't plan to go back to JB. It's all good now. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread