Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit Kat Ready For Prime Time On N2?

Tip us?
 
Gulfstream 650
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 39
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pooler, GA (Savannah)
Default Kit Kat Ready For Prime Time On N2?

Is there a Kit Kat ROM that is functional and stable enough for an every day driver? I'm currently running a 4.3 ROM that is rock stable but have KK on my Nexus 7 and would like to make the plunge on the N2. Looking through the threads for the KK ROMS leads me to believe that there's still a lot of problems with KK and the N2...what you say?
Phone
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Jelly-Wiz 4.3 Xtreme ROM

Tablet
Nexus 7 32GB
Paranoid Android ROM
Lean Kernel
 
xredjokerx
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 958
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstream 650 View Post
Is there a Kit Kat ROM that is functional and stable enough for an every day driver? I'm currently running a 4.3 ROM that is rock stable but have KK on my Nexus 7 and would like to make the plunge on the N2. Looking through the threads for the KK ROMS leads me to believe that there's still a lot of problems with KK and the N2...what you say?
I went back to 4.3 after being on 4.4.2

There are just too many things wrong with it in my opinion.
Currently running: Galaxy Note II

If you don't have drop box, please help me out and use my referral link http://db.tt/XJuRP3T
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#3  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,232
Posts: 3,156
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LbTs

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xredjokerx View Post
I went back to 4.3 after being on 4.4.2

There are just too many things wrong with it in my opinion.
What we're your issues? I have been on stock rooted ND7 for over 2 months now with not one issue..
If you have an issue you can't get past just post here or in the Stock ND7 thread and I or someone else will be able to help/guide you

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
 
Easy E
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
What we're your issues? I have been on stock rooted ND7 for over 2 months now with not one issue..
If you have an issue you can't get past just post here or in the Stock ND7 thread and I or someone else will be able to help/guide you
Same here....all's good on 4.4.2
 
sadamahan
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Same here....all's good on 4.4.2
My phone was fine for a couple of weeks after the upgrade to ND7. Everything changed the moment I used maps. When I launched Maps, I was asked to turn off the power saving mode and switch to a different setting that downloads a location based file periodically but provides more accuracy in maps. That was the end of it: since then, my phone became less responsive and Pandora and Amazon Kindle audio books started skipping. I would not live with it and had to turn back to MJ9 stock.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
 
sadamahan
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
I believe I solved this: bad radio firmware download and mismatch on MD5.

I flashed 4.4.2 again and time will tell. So far everything is going well.


Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes