Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kit Kat Ready For Prime Time On N2?

OP Gulfstream 650

6th August 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Pooler, GA (Savannah)
Thanks Meter: 5

52 posts
More
Is there a Kit Kat ROM that is functional and stable enough for an every day driver? I'm currently running a 4.3 ROM that is rock stable but have KK on my Nexus 7 and would like to make the plunge on the N2. Looking through the threads for the KK ROMS leads me to believe that there's still a lot of problems with KK and the N2...what you say?
6th August 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 157

963 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstream 650

Is there a Kit Kat ROM that is functional and stable enough for an every day driver? I'm currently running a 4.3 ROM that is rock stable but have KK on my Nexus 7 and would like to make the plunge on the N2. Looking through the threads for the KK ROMS leads me to believe that there's still a lot of problems with KK and the N2...what you say?

I went back to 4.3 after being on 4.4.2

There are just too many things wrong with it in my opinion.
6th August 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 5,190

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xredjokerx

I went back to 4.3 after being on 4.4.2

There are just too many things wrong with it in my opinion.

What we're your issues? I have been on stock rooted ND7 for over 2 months now with not one issue..
If you have an issue you can't get past just post here or in the Stock ND7 thread and I or someone else will be able to help/guide you
9th August 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18

What we're your issues? I have been on stock rooted ND7 for over 2 months now with not one issue..
If you have an issue you can't get past just post here or in the Stock ND7 thread and I or someone else will be able to help/guide you

Same here....all's good on 4.4.2
10th August 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E

Same here....all's good on 4.4.2

My phone was fine for a couple of weeks after the upgrade to ND7. Everything changed the moment I used maps. When I launched Maps, I was asked to turn off the power saving mode and switch to a different setting that downloads a location based file periodically but provides more accuracy in maps. That was the end of it: since then, my phone became less responsive and Pandora and Amazon Kindle audio books started skipping. I would not live with it and had to turn back to MJ9 stock.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
11th August 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #6  

2 posts
I believe I solved this: bad radio firmware download and mismatch on MD5.

I flashed 4.4.2 again and time will tell. So far everything is going well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread