HOW TO: Unbrick from a Hard Brick(Flashing N7100 Bootloader) WITHOUT using resistor

3rd August 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 40

125 posts
More
I'm posting this here hoping it will help someone out. A lot of people would rather not ship their phone off to a 3rd party for the unbrick, and also don't want to disassemble their device to do the resistor fix.

This is for people who flashed the wrong bootloader to their device, and now have a non-working "bricked" phone. It can be the N7100, N7105 or any other bootloader. This is the method I used to get my phone working, on AT&T with 4G service and everything working as it should.

Anyways, let's get down to business and fix that device!

You will need:
Odin Software
Stock ND3 Odin compatible stock ROM (I used N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF)
N7100 TWRP Recovery (Latest Version, Odin Flashable)
An i605 ROM (I used DN3)

1. Use odin to write the N7100 pit file
2. Then, using Odin, load "N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF" into the "PDA" section, after that was finished, I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset. That allowed the phone to boot up, but baseband was "Unknown" and it had no service.
3. Then, use Odin to flash the latest version of TWRP for the N7100(it MUST be n7100 or it will bootloop/stick on the Samsung/Rom Booting screen)
4. Then you must flash "N7100_ND3_DrKetan_Custom_ROM_V82.zip" using TWRP recovery, it will boot that up just fine, still says "Unknown" for baseband(i'll explain later why I flashed this, and am directing you to also flash this, despite bootloader still not working).
5. After that, flash "DN3_v5.2_VZW.zip", again, using TWRP Recovery. After that my phone booted up it had service and all of my apps worked.

When I skipped Step 4, a few apps wouldn't work correctly. Instagram wouldn't refresh the feed or load anything, Snapchat wouldn't open anything or send anything either. I'm not sure why that happens, but it ONLY happened if I didn't flash the N7100_ND3_DRKetan ROM before flashing the DN3 ROM.

These are the exact steps I followed, after accidentally flashing the N7100 bootloader onto my i605 Note 2. You MIGHT also have to flash the i605 EFS file to restore your baseband. On ocassion, I had to or I would get Unknown Bootloader. It would also help to flash the "I605VRAMC3 Modem.zip" file, to ensure you're on the i605 Modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to iiNFAMOUS CHRiS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Broken note 2 verizon
Hello beautiful people who work our confort

I have a big problm with a phone of a friend. i wanted to write firmware of an gt-n7105 on sch-i605 without know that will broke my phone.
I tryed to write with Odin every programs on it but nothing work. i got message "NAND write fail". I tryed to write pit files but nothing work. and erase and everything.

Any ideea of something else?
Thank you and sry for bad writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNFAMOUS CHRiS

I'm posting this here hoping it will help someone out. A lot of people would rather not ship their phone off to a 3rd party for the unbrick, and also don't want to disassemble their device to do the resistor fix.

This is for people who flashed the wrong bootloader to their device, and now have a non-working "bricked" phone. It can be the N7100, N7105 or any other bootloader. This is the method I used to get my phone working, on AT&T with 4G service and everything working as it should.

Anyways, let's get down to business and fix that device!

You will need:
Odin Software
Stock ND3 Odin compatible stock ROM (I used N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF)
N7100 TWRP Recovery (Latest Version, Odin Flashable)
An i605 ROM (I used DN3)

1. Use odin to write the N7100 pit file
2. Then, using Odin, load "N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF" into the "PDA" section, after that was finished, I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset. That allowed the phone to boot up, but baseband was "Unknown" and it had no service.
3. Then, use Odin to flash the latest version of TWRP for the N7100(it MUST be n7100 or it will bootloop/stick on the Samsung/Rom Booting screen)
4. Then you must flash "N7100_ND3_DrKetan_Custom_ROM_V82.zip" using TWRP recovery, it will boot that up just fine, still says "Unknown" for baseband(i'll explain later why I flashed this, and am directing you to also flash this, despite bootloader still not working).
5. After that, flash "DN3_v5.2_VZW.zip", again, using TWRP Recovery. After that my phone booted up it had service and all of my apps worked.

When I skipped Step 4, a few apps wouldn't work correctly. Instagram wouldn't refresh the feed or load anything, Snapchat wouldn't open anything or send anything either. I'm not sure why that happens, but it ONLY happened if I didn't flash the N7100_ND3_DRKetan ROM before flashing the DN3 ROM.

These are the exact steps I followed, after accidentally flashing the N7100 bootloader onto my i605 Note 2. You MIGHT also have to flash the i605 EFS file to restore your baseband. On ocassion, I had to or I would get Unknown Bootloader. It would also help to flash the "I605VRAMC3 Modem.zip" file, to ensure you're on the i605 Modem.

15th September 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 40

125 posts
More
go here, it's a more detailed tutorial to fix it:

How-To: Recover Your Samsung Note 2 [i605] From A Hard Brick [From Flashing The Wrong Bootloader(ex. N7100)] WITHOUT Using A Resistor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread