Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 Verizon Screwed.... SCH-I605.... Help!

Tip us?

Moridin68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 2 Verizon Screwed.... SCH-I605.... Help!

So I have been working on a friend of mines Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) and have run into an issue... I had rooted it successfully to root66 VZW stock sys, then attempted to unlock the bootloader according to the procedure...@ galaxynote2root(dot)com/galaxy-note-2-tutorials/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-verizon-galaxy-note-2-sch-i605.... without reviewing the multiplicity of comments below the article which should have caught my attention and let me know that many people were unsuccessful with that method.

So now i appear to be screwed because it will boot into ODIN but thats it. I cant even get into stock recovery. Upon boot the Galaxy Note 2 splash stays on indefinitely, as it does when i follow the instructions on this site to restore it from a failed unlock, or unroot...... ODIN 3 + sch-I605-16gb.pit + Root66-VZW-stock_sys, when it reboots following flash the splash screen stays on. I have checked the NAND erase All as suggested on this site, and it makes no difference.

When vol up/home/power is pressed it says something to the effect that 'you are a dumb*ss and have screwed up your firmware dipsh*t'....

So what now? Id hate to have to replace my buddies Note 2.... and I had absolutely 0 difficulties unlocking and rooting my HTC One, so this sucks....

michigan66
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Use this guide to flash back to the appropriate version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207
It's a great guide. Saved me last week after I flashed the wrong file in Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Moridin68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan66 View Post
Use this guide to flash back to the appropriate version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207
It's a great guide. Saved me last week after I flashed the wrong file in Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
yea i did that already to no avail.... used odin to flash the pit and root66... doesnt boot...

BluGuy
Old
(Last edited by BluGuy; 21st July 2014 at 09:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin68 View Post
yea i did that already to no avail.... used odin to flash the pit and root66... doesnt boot...
Have you tried using a different image? What version of stock was on it before you messed with it?

Edit: If the stock version wasn't MJ9 or above then don't flash those. There currently isn't and probably won't be a way to unlock the bootloader on MJ9 and above.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to BluGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moridin68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluGuy View Post
Have you tried using a different image? What version of stock was on it before you messed with it?

well, thats a good question... it was already in a messed up state when i got ahold of it... i tried flashing root66 and it kept failing, i checked NAND ERASE ALL and flashed CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar
as per a suggestion i read on xda.. it too failed as well, but then when i flashed root66 again (also i think with NAND ERASE on) it booted up beautifully...

Moridin68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
well, thats a good question... it was already in a messed up state when i got ahold of it... i tried flashing root66 and it kept failing, i checked NAND ERASE ALL and flashed CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW-Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar
as per a suggestion i read on xda.. it too failed as well, but then when i flashed root66 again (also i think with NAND ERASE on) it booted up beautifully...
i have recently read on a site that offers a bootloader downgrade service that if it has a knox counter, then it was updated to a version with a 'permalocked' bootloader... and if this is referring to the counter on the ODIN screen that says KNOX WARRANTY VOID:0 then this one is such a device.....

BluGuy
Old
(Last edited by BluGuy; 21st July 2014 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
When you enter download mode does it say anything about Knox?

Edit: I didn't see your last post. Since it had the updated firmware with Knox, you should be at least able to get the phone working again by flashing that version of the firmware in odin. If it was on Android 4.3 then you should be able to odin MJ9 and it will work again. If it was on 4.4.2 then using odin to flash the ND7 image should fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moridin68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

on the download screen there is a line that says KNOX WARRANTY VOID:0

Moridin68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Edit: I didn't see your last post. Since it had the updated firmware with Knox, you should be at least able to get the phone working again by flashing that version of the firmware in odin. If it was on Android 4.3 then you should be able to odin MJ9 and it will work again. If it was on 4.4.2 then using odin to flash the ND7 image should fix it.

he hadnt had service on that phone for several months so i guess ill try the older one first. 4.4.2.
and do i flash the pit file with those as well?

this bs is so much more tedious than working with my HTC One.

doctor-cool
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
So I have been working on a friend of mines Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) and have run into an issue... I had rooted it successfully to root66 VZW stock sys, then attempted to unlock the bootloader according to the procedure...@ galaxynote2root(dot)com/galaxy-note-2-tutorials/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-verizon-galaxy-note-2-sch-i605.... without reviewing the multiplicity of comments below the article which should have caught my attention and let me know that many people were unsuccessful with that method.

So now i appear to be screwed because it will boot into ODIN but thats it. I cant even get into stock recovery. Upon boot the Galaxy Note 2 splash stays on indefinitely, as it does when i follow the instructions on this site to restore it from a failed unlock, or unroot...... ODIN 3 + sch-I605-16gb.pit + Root66-VZW-stock_sys, when it reboots following flash the splash screen stays on. I have checked the NAND erase All as suggested on this site, and it makes no difference.

When vol up/home/power is pressed it says something to the effect that 'you are a dumb*ss and have screwed up your firmware dipsh*t'....

So what now? Id hate to have to replace my buddies Note 2.... and I had absolutely 0 difficulties unlocking and rooting my HTC One, so this sucks....
Did ID:COM turn blue in Odin? . You might have a driver problem.