Problem connecting to Google

OP BluGuy

31st July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enterprise
Thanks Meter: 23

116 posts
More
My problem started yesterday, Play Store won't load anything just times out, maps won't load, can't even do a Google search, any other search engine such as Yahoo works. YouTube and Gmail work as well. It shows I am also connected with lte. I was on Omni ROM so I decided to Odin to stock. While on stock I checked to see if I could preform a google search and I could. Proceeded to load up an older version of Omni and it worked until I signed into my Google account. No matter if it is PAC ROM or Omni after I sign in, everything mentioned above stops working again.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Forgot to mention when I'm on WiFi everything works, even while signed into my Google account. Its only when connected to to Verizon network that the problem happens. I have already called Verizon and they said no problems in my area.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by BluGuy; 31st July 2014 at 07:46 PM.
1st August 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enterprise

116 posts
More
A bit of an update. I found out the play store is showing my phone as not having a carrier.

1st August 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,603

3,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluGuy

A bit of an update. I found out the play store is showing my phone as not having a carrier.

Hvae you tried rebooting.. Close the play store than reboot and let it load again..

Sometimes it takes a few mins for the "Agree to terms" pop up comes up
1st August 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enterprise

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18

Hvae you tried rebooting.. Close the play store than reboot and let it load again..

Sometimes it takes a few mins for the "Agree to terms" pop up comes up

Store loads, but only on WiFi. I'm wondering if this could be a problem with the Sim card. Like I said when I go to the Play Store on my computer it shows my device as not having a carrier.

1st August 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,603

3,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluGuy

Store loads, but only on WiFi. I'm wondering if this could be a problem with the Sim card. Like I said when I go to the Play Store on my computer it shows my device as not having a carrier.

Hmm not sure.. I have never come across that issue before? And this only happens on Omni? Touchwiz or another AOSP Rom works fine?
1st August 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enterprise

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18

Hmm not sure.. I have never come across that issue before? And this only happens on Omni? Touchwiz or another AOSP Rom works fine?

So far all AOSP Roms. I have tried omni, PAC, and cm11. Ran out of time last night so I will try Touchwiz tonight.

Edit: Another update. Still haven't been able to test out Touchwiz roms, but I have found that when I try to do speed test using either speedtest.net app or a no plugin based test in a browser upload test just sits there and does nothing. Download speeds are fine though. And yet I'm on mobile data right now and can obviously I can send out request to servers to get data. And send out data to update my post here.
Last edited by BluGuy; 1st August 2014 at 03:45 PM.
2nd August 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enterprise

116 posts
More
Finally was able to try Touch wiz roms. They seem to continue to work. Looks like I will be stuck on Touchwiz. I even tried to flash another aosp after running Touchwiz for a bit and problem came back.
31st August 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Enterprise

116 posts
More
Just a bit of an update. After a month of running Alliance rom 26 I decided to give aosp rom another go, hate touchwiz. Now I didn't do anything different than I used to, but I'm happily on Omni rom again and everything is working. Still don't really know what the deal was. At one point during this past month my desktop computer stopped working with Google services just like my phone did, but I was able to restore it by flushing the dns cache.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread