FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Which Rom's can be flashed with safestrap?

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By jto101680, Member on 14th March 2015, 01:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, not new to rooting and such but I'm a little confused. Just got this Note 2 after breaking my G2. I'm on ND7, managed to root and install safestrap. I've made a stock back up and flashed over my stock as there is no rom slot support yet. I've flashed Alliance 30 and it worked well. My question is, can I flash other Rom's like Wilson's CM12? My bootloader is still locked. Is there a safe way to unlock it? I've searched and found that if you have a locked bootloader you can't flash kernels. I think? Not trying to be annoying. Just confused. I haven't used safestrap since my old Razr days, lol. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance. ..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

14th March 2015, 04:29 AM |#2  
Flag Captiva
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I think you can flash any rom using safestrap. The only ones I tried so far are DN3 and Alliancerom. They flashed with no problems. I would like to add on to this question though, Can I flash any mods using safestrap?
14th March 2015, 06:25 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Right. Or kernels for that matter? It's strange because there's some people with unlocked bootloader's, some with safe strap, and some just plain old stock rooted (which was a pain in it's self).

15th March 2015, 04:44 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Did a little more digging into the thread, basically if your bootloader is locked, the only Rom's that you can flash are those with the same build and kernel that you are currently on. So you were right. As far as flashing mods with safestrap, still unsure. ???

25th March 2015, 04:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
No other ROMs besides the above mentioned? Seems almost worth sending it to that company to downgrade
Last edited by stoph8n24; 25th March 2015 at 04:52 PM.
26th March 2015, 01:31 AM |#6  
Flag Captiva
Thanks Meter: 65

More
any group pricing?
26th March 2015, 05:11 PM |#7  

More
Installed Mocha DrIzzle, liking it so far except the network speed mod
11th April 2015, 05:09 PM |#8  
Knoxvegas TN

More
Question If I couldnt stand to be without telelphone....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph8n24

No other ROMs besides the above mentioned? Seems almost worth sending it to that company to downgrade

I'd be on the "Send it Off" wagon.

I've seen destructions for using ODIN to flash a KIES image in, and then go about fixing it that way but many many more posts saying this is impossible.

What I'd like to know, if I have to go with the same darn kernel etc, is how the everloving **** to get rid of ALL and I mean *ALL* of the crapware/verizonware/amazonware/etc and completely strip the touchwhiz down to just what I need....

This phone thing is a nasty addiction....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread