Just root on 4.4.2

Search This thread

crash613

Mar 13, 2008
Ever since Beans stopped updating his awesome rom I have been looking for a replacement. It seems that there are issues with just about every rom out there. G_p_s, camera not working, or some other deficiency that keeps the rom from being complete.

My question is this:

Is there a way just use the original, Verizon. 442. Update and maintain root? (and keep from having bootloader locked). I don't need all the extra add ons and debloat at the cost of losing my GPS... stock look is fine for now until the other things are sorted.

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

iooooooc

Mar 9, 2014
Ever since Beans stopped updating his awesome rom I have been looking for a replacement. It seems that there are issues with just about every rom out there. G_p_s, camera not working, or some other deficiency that keeps the rom from being complete.

My question is this:

Is there a way just use the original, Verizon. 442. Update and maintain root? (and keep from having bootloader locked). I don't need all the extra add ons and debloat at the cost of losing my GPS... stock look is fine for now until the other things are sorted.

If you have an unlocked bootloader, you may want to check this thread out

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765021

and remember to thank @lacoursiere18 and the N3BULA team for bringing this to us

devious_z

Jul 9, 2014

My question is this:

I've used the official rooted stock 4.4.2 ROM mentioned above (via lacoursiere18), and didn't have any issues with anything (GPS, camera, etc all worked fine).

Have you tried that ROM yet?

Last edited:

crash613

Mar 13, 2008
Have vacation next week. Going to try it then, when I get some time