Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After running Casual, Odin can't see phone in download mode..

Tip us?
 
DatacomGuy
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default After running Casual, Odin can't see phone in download mode..

Works fine until i put it in download mode.

Any thoughts?
 
wolfeyes30
Old
(Last edited by wolfeyes30; 18th August 2014 at 11:52 AM.)
#2  
wolfeyes30's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 307
Posts: 559
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE OHIO
Need to remove the Casual drivers when done with it and download the samsung drivers for our phone from samsungs site. Happen to us all.

Took me a few install and Uninstalls of samsung drivers till my PC was able to see my phone in download mode. Make sure you reboot after install. It was a pain in the butt.
 
DatacomGuy
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes30 View Post
Need to remove the Casual drivers when done with it and download the samsung drivers for our phone from samsungs site. Happen to us all.

Took me a few install and Uninstalls of samsung drivers till my PC was able to see my phone in download mode. Make sure you reboot after install. It was a pain in the butt.
Where do i find the casual drivers at, to remove?

Casual isnt even seeing my phone anymore. Very annoying.

I had to odin back, using another laptop - need to casual again, but cant even do that. I looked in "uninstall programs" in windows but dont see anything other than Samsung's install.

Let me know what to look for, would be a huge help. Thanks!
 
mattnmag
Old
#4  
mattnmag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 148
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatacomGuy View Post
Where do i find the casual drivers at, to remove?

Casual isnt even seeing my phone anymore. Very annoying.

I had to odin back, using another laptop - need to casual again, but cant even do that. I looked in "uninstall programs" in windows but dont see anything other than Samsung's install.

Let me know what to look for, would be a huge help. Thanks!
You could try running System Restore on your laptop and restore things to a point right before you ran casual. I have done that and it restored the Samsung drivers and allowed the phone and computer to communicate again so I could use Odin.
Current Devices:
Verizon Samsung Note II & Sony Xperia Play R800x

Past Devices:
Verizon Samsung S3
Verizon Droid Charge
Asus TF201
The Following User Says Thank You to mattnmag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DatacomGuy
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Ugh. Okay. I hope that works. System Restore never seems to work when i need it.

Thank you sir..
 
wolfeyes30
Old
#6  
wolfeyes30's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 307
Posts: 559
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE OHIO
Device Manager in windows. Look under usb controllers I believe.
 
mattnmag
Old
(Last edited by mattnmag; 19th August 2014 at 12:48 AM.)
#7  
mattnmag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 148
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes30 View Post
Device Manager in windows. Look under usb controllers I believe.
Edit: Here's a link for a Youtube video that walks you through how to fix this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgh...e_gdata_player

I found it on DroidStyle's Guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207

If your computer doesn't resinstall the drivers for you after you follow the Youtube instructions, then you could try reinstalling them by grabbing them from Samsungs's website here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I605MSAVZW.
Current Devices:
Verizon Samsung Note II & Sony Xperia Play R800x

Past Devices:
Verizon Samsung S3
Verizon Droid Charge
Asus TF201

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more