Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 51,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Txt problem since OTA kit kat

Tip us?

Fred93GT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Txt problem since OTA kit kat

Since I've taken the OTA kit kat a few months back, hangouts has started reading all my text messages out loud. I don't have driving mode enabled and Talk back is turned off. Is there something I am missing short of factory reset? I reset the defaults for all the apps and that didn't fix the problem either. The guy in the verizon store was stumped too since they only train them to use the stock messaging app. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's getting pretty annoying.

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,027

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred93GT View Post
Since I've taken the OTA kit kat a few months back, hangouts has started reading all my text messages out loud. I don't have driving mode enabled and Talk back is turned off. Is there something I am missing short of factory reset? I reset the defaults for all the apps and that didn't fix the problem either. The guy in the verizon store was stumped too since they only train them to use the stock messaging app. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's getting pretty annoying.
You try just doing a factory reset in the stock recovery?

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you

Fred93GT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've done the factory reset before and it's a really PITA to say the least but it's looking like I might have to go that route, was hoping someone would have a simple solution. Anywho.......