Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon Note 2 4.3 Firmware Flash Question

Tip us?

TimV26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon Note 2 4.3 Firmware Flash Question

I have Verizon Note 2 that is on 4.3 VRUAND3. The phone was rooted by the Kingo Method, which I think messed with the recovery. The phone has been un-rooted, but will not get the 4.4.2 OTA. It fails on install. The bootloader has never ever been unlocked on this phone. I have read multiple threads on firmware upgrading and reverting to stock.

What I want to know is this: Can I flash the 4.4.2 stock firmware to this phone to update it. I am aware I will lose all data and will have to reset the phone. That is not an issue. I want to make sure that I can safely flash the firmware to update it and not end up with an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for looking and any help provided.

TimV26

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV26 View Post
I have Verizon Note 2 that is on 4.3 VRUAND3. The phone was rooted by the Kingo Method, which I think messed with the recovery. The phone has been un-rooted, but will not get the 4.4.2 OTA. It fails on install. The bootloader has never ever been unlocked on this phone. I have read multiple threads on firmware upgrading and reverting to stock.

What I want to know is this: Can I flash the 4.4.2 stock firmware to this phone to update it. I am aware I will lose all data and will have to reset the phone. That is not an issue. I want to make sure that I can safely flash the firmware to update it and not end up with an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for looking and any help provided.

TimV26
Yes you can.. Find the firmware on Sammobile.com>Firmwares>Search>SCH-I605.. Download ND7 4.4.2

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TimV26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the quick response. I know what I will be doing later this evening.