Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Verizon Note 2 4.3 Firmware Flash Question

OP TimV26

4th July 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have Verizon Note 2 that is on 4.3 VRUAND3. The phone was rooted by the Kingo Method, which I think messed with the recovery. The phone has been un-rooted, but will not get the 4.4.2 OTA. It fails on install. The bootloader has never ever been unlocked on this phone. I have read multiple threads on firmware upgrading and reverting to stock.

What I want to know is this: Can I flash the 4.4.2 stock firmware to this phone to update it. I am aware I will lose all data and will have to reset the phone. That is not an issue. I want to make sure that I can safely flash the firmware to update it and not end up with an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for looking and any help provided.

TimV26
4th July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,982

3,506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV26

I have Verizon Note 2 that is on 4.3 VRUAND3. The phone was rooted by the Kingo Method, which I think messed with the recovery. The phone has been un-rooted, but will not get the 4.4.2 OTA. It fails on install. The bootloader has never ever been unlocked on this phone. I have read multiple threads on firmware upgrading and reverting to stock.

What I want to know is this: Can I flash the 4.4.2 stock firmware to this phone to update it. I am aware I will lose all data and will have to reset the phone. That is not an issue. I want to make sure that I can safely flash the firmware to update it and not end up with an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for looking and any help provided.

TimV26

Yes you can.. Find the firmware on Sammobile.com>Firmwares>Search>SCH-I605.. Download ND7 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank you for the quick response. I know what I will be doing later this evening.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread