Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

AT&T NJ5 SafeStrap Work Around

30th November 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 5,281

6,563 posts
More

SafeStrap Work Around for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NJ5 4.4.4(SM-N900A)

UPDATE:

Thanks to @benwaffle for NC2 Flasher and figuring out how to flash kernel in Safestrap recovery

Booting safestrap and using recovery without a PC

NC2 Flasher by benwaffle
From 4.4.4 Rom's
install and give SuperSU rights, Press "Flash NC2 Kernel" kernel will install. then press OK to Reboot , or use your back arrow if your not ready to reboot. @benwaffle Latest UPDATE app is AWESOME!!

SM-N900A_N900AUCUEOC1_KERNEL_Recovery-Flashable.zip

SM-N900A_NL1_KERNEL_RecoveryFlashable.zip
Download and copy recovery installable kernel installer to sdcard, after your finished in safestrap (installing 4.4.4 rom's or add-on's Install the kernel of choice) the installer will copy boot.img to your internal sdcard and flashboot.sh will install Kernel

Using Odin and PC to install kernels

NC2-NL1-Kernel-Switch-Odin_v3.09.zip 17.8 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!WF8wgbhS!sBP6TA...75N8ceaa20kFaw

ATT-NL1-FIRMWARE.zip 48.0 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!vdtz1RrS!xvSH3n...3xGZPeRWewBuoA

Getting to SafeStrap
  • You must have Root and Safestrap installed. If Not Go here >> [How-To] Root N900AUCUDNL1 4.4.4 (12-24-2014) THANKS !!! @muniz_ri
  • Download Odin3 installable kernels for NC2 and NJ5 if you don't have them. Kernel_Switch_Odin_v3.09.zip
  • Unzip Kernel_Switch_Odin_v3.09.zip. For easy access you could place the files in a folder on your desk top 7-Zip
  • Put your phone in download mod.

• Switch off your device completely.
  • Now, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power, all at the same time.
  • Release all buttons when you see the Warning! screen.
  • Next, press the Volume Up button to confirm that you want to boot Download Mode for your Note 3 device.
  • Download Mode menu will appear and you can go on with your business, by connecting the phone to your computer.

(Don't forget to put the files your installing on your sdcard) Example: add-on's , custom rom's etc..

• Start Odin3 and select the AP-ATT-KOT49H.N900AUCUCNC2-Kernel.tar.md5 install, wait until Odin checks the file then clikck start verify with this picture ID:COM should be light bluegreen

• Be ready to press recovery when SafeStrap recovery screen shows up (If you missed the button, then hold down the power button until your phone reboots)

• You can backup your NJ5, Install any ADD-ON or even restore a NC2 backup and go back to NC2

Getting Back to NJ5
  • If your still in SafeStrap Recovery Back out with back button then Press reboot, then Download

• Start Odin3 or reset Odin3 and select the AP-ATT-KTU8P-N900AUCUDNJ5-kernel.tar.md5 install, wait until Odin checks the file then clikck start verify with this picture ID:COM should be light bluegreen

• Done, You should be booting NJ5
If Things Go Wrong

Odin Install's UPDATED from @Walter.White Thanks!!

AT&T [100% Stock] KitKat 4.4.4 (N900AUCUDNL1) Odin Tars download these for safekeeping Thanks to @Walter.White (don't forget to press thank's button)

AT&T ROOT,BUSYBOX,INIT.D Safestrap Recovery Install NL1 ROM

[How-To] Install & Root N900AUCUDNJ5 @muniz_ri

If you install NC2 odin firmware to get root and install safestrap and then restore a NJ5 backup, you will then you need to install the NJ5 bootloader and, may be modem to if you have network issues.

ATT-KTU8P-N900AUCUDNJ5 FirmWare
*Recovery, Bootloader, Modem and Kernel
ATT_Note-3_NJ5_Firmware_Odin_v3.09.zip 49.0 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!CNMGDKaB!g2x607...heSV07lPctNqwg

Odin Install's from @Walter.White

Kernel http://d-h.st/fvW
Modem http://d-h.st/F2q http://d-h.st/o2F

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************
Update summary

AT&T released the Android 4.4.4 software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SMN900A) on November 20, 2014. This update is available to customers to download via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for the update. The file size depends on the customer's current Android version:

Software update includes

Android KitKat 4.4.4 miscellaneous improvements, bug fixes, and security updates.
NextGenPhone APN changed to support Carrier Aggregation.
ePTT and CMAS issues fixed.
Additional apps added:
Kids Mode
Side Sync 3.0
Safety Assistance
Camera enhancement
Knox 2.0
Last edited by carl1961; 27th March 2015 at 03:04 PM.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag FL, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,479

1,035 posts
More
[QUOTE=carl1961;57141494]

[B]SafeStrap Work Around for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NJ5 4.4.4(SM-N900A)

Great Carl. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-N900A running DynamicKat Evolution v7.1 by @bri315317
Last edited by rawhide85; 30th November 2014 at 04:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rawhide85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 72

156 posts
More
Did not work. Only got black screen after putting nc2 kernel on. Went back to nj5 and all good minus safe strap. I have full root and safe strapped installed
30th November 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #4  

156 posts
More
See screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417376673178.png
Views:	1424
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	3041592  
The Following User Says Thank You to orphan203 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Burgheim, TX
Thanks Meter: 29

79 posts
More
I have not yet updated to 4.4.4 because I did not want to lose the capabilities of Safestrap. Your solution to that dilemma looks promising. But before I do I have a question... I am not being a smartass, I just want to be certain I understand what you have accomplished... You are now running 4.4.4, NJ5, rooted and with Safestrap using the above steps, is that correct? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to zancro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

6,563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan203

Did not work. Only got black screen after putting nc2 kernel on. Went back to nj5 and all good minus safe strap. I have full root and safe strapped installed

If you installed SafeStrap correctly you will see this screen after you install NC2 kernel

You need to verify that you have busy box installed, safestrap does not tell you if it installed correctly, so download busybox from playstore or from link in OP. safestrap can be installed while your running NJ5, I've done it a hundred times testing safestrap for, @muniz_ri , @hsbadr, @@RErick and Surge1223
1st December 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

6,563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zancro

I have not yet updated to 4.4.4 because I did not want to lose the capabilities of Safestrap. Your solution to that dilemma looks promising. But before I do I have a question... I am not being a smartass, I just want to be certain I understand what you have accomplished... You are now running 4.4.4, NJ5, rooted and with Safestrap using the above steps, is that correct? Thanks.

yes I am running NJ5 4.4.4 with most Note4 apps, so I have to constantly reboot into recovery to try note 4 apps to test .

This is not something NEW, this is the same steps we had to do when the KitKat OTA came out, before @Hashcode fixed SafeStrap for kitKat.
Last edited by carl1961; 1st December 2014 at 01:42 AM.
1st December 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #8  

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

If you installed SafeStrap correctly you will see this screen after you install NC2 kernel

You need to verify that you have busy box installed, safestrap does not tell you if it installed correctly, so download busybox from playstore or from link in OP. safestrap can be installed while your running NJ5, I've done it a hundred times testing safestrap for, @muniz_ri , @hsbadr, @@RErick and Surge1223

I had safestrap install prior to the update so I know what the splash screen looks like lol.[emoji1] I have busybox pro but it wasn't installed. So I reinstalled it and now I will see what happens. Thanks for doing this. Will report back!
1st December 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2,938

4,349 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

Carl. I did the same thing you're doing and my phone faints after flashing the NC2 kernel. Just dies to a black screen and never comes back on.

from my note 3
1st December 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw

6,563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

Carl. I did the same thing you're doing and my phone faints after flashing the NC2 kernel. Just dies to a black screen and never comes back on.

from my note 3

if you did not see the SafeStrap recovery screen then your safetrap recovery is not installed any more for what ever reason. Install Busy Box then Install SafeStrap app and reinstall recovery, You also should get SuperSU prop asking to give BusyBox and SafeStrap permision.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nj5, safestrap nj5
Previous Thread Next Thread